Status
Not open for further replies.
i used a contact form on a Melisa labs website. this is a global lab that does Metal allergy testing. they sent my form to all the doctors in the UK they have on staff. this is their reply:I¹m afraid we have never come across anybody with such reactions to metals. they are going to send the form to their lab in Wisconsin to see if they will send it out to the doctors here in the us they have on staff. they are folks that care!

The mayo clinic i sent the same note to. their reply: Thank you for your e-mail. We have information on our site regarding your inquiry. I am including the URL to information that might be of interest to you: the link sent me to the visitor page. no information at all. so i emailed back asking what info i was to get off that page? their reply:please contact Mayo Clinic Arizona directly for further information as to what they are able to treat. i sent a note back asking? i thought i was contacting mayo clinic.are you not mayo clinics? as you have many offices im unsure what office treats neuro pain and metal allergy. can you tell me where and who to contact as you are customer service. Well no reply back from them.
its just sad how one person can make the mayo clinic look so un caring. i was going to try them after UT Southwestern.. not any more. i think Germany is my next stop.

Make informed decisions..... well they informed me pretty good!

Hello to all!

As i sit here crying and my arm on fire, i type this Final update.

U T SouthWestern University has can cancelled my appointment in April.

Below is the direct response from the doctor.

“Please advise the patient that I will not be able to help him and that I cannot recommend anyone here who would be likely to know how to help him. It would not be possible to modify our clinic in such a way that he would feel safe or comfortable.”

Another Doctor that dismisses the OATH they took.

May GOD Bless you all. May you never have to hear this from your doctors.

thanks to those who replied and those that read my story.

Good news! the CEO/Doctor of the melisa lab has decided to do a study on the metal reaction! he sent me a test and i have sent it back to him.
he will be calling me today at 2:30 with his results and where im to go from here.

sometimes you have to think outside the box to get answers.

I'm sorry the UT SouthWestern University canceled on you, but am very excited for you about today's post. Keep us posted.....Will be saying a prayer for you!.....Hugs!

ok so i got the test results from the dr in Wisconsin.

First thing he said is im very ill. he did find the lupus and the neuropathy.

i thought i was allergic to epinephrine. because my vanes just burst when i get a small amount. (lidocane)

well the test showed my epinephrine levels were off the charts. he also advised not to go to hospital with chest/heart attack as the
eppy shot will make my heart explode as soon as i get it. so now ive heard that 4 times. just now i have proof.

he also advised me that even if he does find a cause outside of im allergic to nickel that it can not be cured.
so he now wants to do blood work to continue the study.

Are you ready for this? he said "stay away from metal"

i advised him that i went to Denver and i was at an elevation of 6,000 ft and all my pains stopped and i could even sit in a metal chair for one hour.
i havent set in a metal chair since i was 8 yrs old! i traveled on the elevator to the 9th floor and did'nt pass out in the elevator!
He explained how the higher elevation would reduce the pains from the fibro,neuropathy and lupus. he advised me to move from texas as it was causing me a lot of unnecessary pain.

so im going to AZ to get a house there in the mountains. i'll do anything to stop some of this pain even if it means moving!

once the blood work comes back he will know more.

at least i found some answers to my questions and i found someone who cares!

i'll keep ya'll posted as im flying to AZ in may.

may you all have a very low pain day.

PS my wife wont move to Denver..lol

well 1018 views and not one person has posted that they asked anyone if they heard of it or has anyone said they have it.

thats a lot of views! maybe one day someone else will have it and we can work together to get answers to it.

i dont wish it on anyone. but i need help and im sure i cant be the only one on this earth with it.

it's not in my head. im just getting discouraged.

Well to top things off im not in a flare up of the Lupus.. thats just how cme rolls.

yall have better days ahead please.

Just had a chance to sit down and read though your posts. Was sorry to hear that a doctor cancelled on you and sent you just a uncaring response. But happy to hear that another snatched you up and did the blood work and advised you on your condition. Maybe you and your wife could go on a vacation, in May, to AZ, and look for a house together. Maybe you could find a vacation home where you could live to see if your condition improves. I would hate to think of this breaking your marriage up. She might just be afraid of moving and leaving friends and family behind. Having moved across country before I know how scary and unsettling it can be wondering if all will work out in a new location. I went from Pa to Fl, and finally got to come home again, to Pa, after living in Fl for 24 years.

Wishing the best for you in all you do. Please let us know how things work out. :)

Interesting about the higher elevation. Ya, that would sure be worth spending time somewhere at that elevation to see if it's truly a long-term help. :)

1sweed and tarbear ,thanks for posting and sending a caring msg.

This dr is a phd and not a medical doctor. first good thing i did.

so far he says im very ill. no doctor has told me that at all.
his results show very much that im very ill.
ive also asked if this testing will find the fibromyalgia too. waiting on answer.

My wife is going with me in May. she has seen the elevation work for me in NM.
she only has me and my son here. all her family is in AZ. my son is planning on moving with me
to AZ when i get the house.

She is so hoping that i get some relief there. she wants me to be close to her family in PHX.
she is so hoping that Prescott is the place, as its only 90 mins from her mom that loves me like her own.
She will travel every weekend to cme. as it only cost $118 round trip.
she has not tried the company jet for trips there yet. mostly she takes the jet to NY.

She hasn't talked to the pres about moving there yet.

Because all of her group work in NY with the CEO. they want her to move there and she told them no.

When her friend told them no to moving to NY. they told her to take early retirement with $1,000,000
of pension plus severance pay. lol no kidding.

As she found out from the pres and sr vice pres.
There is no one that can do what she does for them. she would be a great loss to them.
There is no school to teach someone to do what she does.
Even if they hired 4 folks. just parts of what she does will be covered.

Once we see if AZ mountains work for me. we will buy a house there.
she will retire in 2 1/2 yrs and if she is not in AZ already she will move to AZ then.
start her business and they will be one of her customers.

we both want to be near her mom as she is retiring in DEC of this year.

im so hoping i can get some answers as to why the metal is doing this to my body.
the PHD also have sever metal allergies. that why he is helping me.
He already told me that even if he finds what is causing my issues, there is no cure for it.
i like honest.

ill let you all know how it goes in AZ when i get back.

thanks for all of you who have been supporting me through this.

thanks so much tbear!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back