recently diagnosed and off work - Anyone else going through the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyndsey

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
CA
State
British Columbia
hi there,

I am new to this and not sure if I was supposed to start a new thread? I was diagnosed with Fibro and CFS about 8 months ago. I have been off work for about the same amount of time and am feeling extremely stressed about it. I was working full time with the symptoms for the past 3 years and just couldn't take it anymore, could barely make it through the day due to my daily migraines and extreme exhaustion among other things (coming home drained and crying most days). I am currently on disability for the fibro, CFS and migraine/brain lesions.

Is anyone else off work? I am feeling like a total failure. I have a good job that pays well, but the stress from my job definitely makes my symptoms worse. I feel like I need to figure out if a career change will help me to deal with my fibro better, but I am so lost right now and don't know what to do. I don't feel like my current career is really an option for me anymore.

I guess I am just looking to see if anyone else feels the same or has been in a similar place as I am right now. Help :(

So sorry you had to quit your job, I quit my job almost a year ago. I am going through the same thing, Just know that you are not alone. Gentle hugs xxx

thanks so much for your reply. I am on disability right now, just not sure at all what I am going to do about all this. I have major anxiety too not sure if its from the fibro or just the fact that I am off. It is so comforting to finally speak to someone that is dealing with the same thing. No one else seems to really understand how it feels. hugs back to you :)

I also had to quit my job almost a year ago because the pain in my back and legs were unbearable. I understand how you feel, I feel worthless and guilty because I'm not able to work. I applied for disability and was denied but I will try again. So you are not alone.

I am so sorry to hear that :( Try again for sure. I know it is hard with fibro and very frustrating when it comes to disability and insurance company's. I totally know what you mean about the worthless and guilt feeling. I have always been the type of person that is very driven, and always busy. Its such a bizarre feeling.

Yep I had to leave work , it was the greatest job in the world ,but I do miss it some days.

add me to the list. haven't worked since Dec. 2012 yikes. I was turned down already once for disability and have a hearing in front of judge in February. I could not hold down a job now for anything. I can barely take care of my home. I am in misery too and wish it would all stop

Lainey I wish u luck with your hearing.yes it take so much from you and give nothing back .bit like the government lol sorry coughs and walks off .

One thing about fibro I've learned is its not tailored for one person, everyone's situation is diffrent. Some have had to quite jobs. Others no. My job stopped a year ago, I can't stand all day without breaks like I use to, depending on your personal situation will differ I'm sure. Hang in there, and welcome. This sight has been a Godsend for me.

That is very true about symptoms varying for different people for sure. I know what you mean about standing for long periods of time it can get very painful and intolerable. I hope it helps you being off work and being able to rest when you need to.

Lyndsey

It took me almost 2 years to understand it's not your fault. You are the victim. The victim of one of life's cruel twists. Apply for disability right away it takes way to long for fm patients. But what ever you do don't blame yourself,

Hi,
I am new to this site.
I have just been told that I have fibromyalgia in December.
They thought I had lupus at first because the ANA test was positive,however I have hashimoto and autoimmune gastritis so that is what made the ANA positive.
My body has hurt for over a year and I thought maybe it was the Gluten I was eating perhaps a tolerance from it.
It seemed as if when I wou travel it was worse and those are the times I would eat fast food so I just assumed that.
It got so bad it hurtto touch my skin...like I have a bad case of the flu...
Just started Lyrica 75mg at night.
They wanted me to take 150 mg, but it made me feel drunk..
Thank you for any advice...
I have been healthy the last few years...
I lost of 100lbs with WW and even worked there but I had to quit.
Thanks
Krissie

Hi Lana I have the same feelings and have a good job. But for the last 7 months I've been on DI and not sure how long this will continue. Just typing these few words make my hands hurt so much. Good luck 2 U & all who has fms. I'm in the same boat��

That is really close to my story went in for blood test ana came back positive was told might be lupus and finally diagnosed with FM. I hope you have a great day stay strong.

me too! About the lupus ANA positive test. What is up with that? It really makes me wonder what that means, and if doctors are right. My rheumatologist told me that she thought I had lupus prior to diagnosing me with fibro/CFS. But she said that she was hesitant to place that kind of diagnoses on me. I just don't understand it. I was also told that my fibro diagnoses was not exclusionary and that she felt that there was an underlying illness associated, auto immune disorder. Anyone else had that explanation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back