Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2015
Country
CA
State
AB
Hi. I am so happy to find this site as I really feel that us "fibros" need to stick together as most people do not understand what we go through. I have had this disease since my early teens and I am now 58 years old. I got diagnosed last month. Although I was told three times previously by doctors that they thought I had it, I rejected their diagnosis as I didn't feel I "fit the criteria". Now however I am willing to accept it and now that I have done reading and watched quite a few Youtube videos with the latest information it is very obvious to me! I was concentrating on the tender points way too much and not looking at the numerous other symptoms I have been dealing with. I do want to say, have faith. Over the years without a diagnosis I have learned what helps and doesn't help and have listened to my body enough to live the best life I know how to live. I look at it as the only real disability a person can have is their attitude! If everyone I know went through what I have gone through I would probably pass with flying colors compared to some others (that gives me comfort). I am proud of myself, and especially as I have had to cope on my own with little support from family, friends and doctors - I choose not to hold it against them! Anyway, I am looking forward to discussing what does and doesn't work for others and maybe being able to fine-tune even more. Good luck to you all!

Welcome Sandra! Sounds think you have done
Your research. Maybe found your triggers.
Please post some of the things that help you
Make it thru the day. Your going to help folks
Here and make some friends too. Family never
Understands the pain. Next time a family member
Tells you they have a headache tell them to prove it.
I learned that from a member on here and its a great
Way to make folks take you seriously.
Your welcome to friend me and talk if you need.
I do have a thread called I need help with my metal
Problem you can learn what my days are like.
So I do understand pain.

Stay well learn,grow,and make informed decisions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back