Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2012
Country
Ind
State
Karnataka
I am an Assistant professor. I have been suffering from fibromyalgia for over 3 years now. I am becoming more and more irritated, losing temper, forgetting a lot. As a result my relationship with family and friends are getting affected. Please advice how to keep emotions in control

im not sure how to deal with that. im sorry. maybe the other might be able to help you.
For me, my friends just get tired of my pain and hearing it. i just learned to say dont worry about me. im fine.
as im thinking you might try a journal to let some feelings out and not at others.

good luck and try to stay calm. may you have some low pain days ahead of you.

Give mindfulness meditation a try. It helps me deal with pain and other fibro issues and has minimized my grumbles. Look at research by Jon Kabat-Zinn to see how this is effective in dealing with and managing chronic pain. As for the forgetfulness and fog ...'I'm still trying to get better at remembering. I keep lists in my smart phone as well as use the calendar since I typically don't lose my phone. I've stopped trying to multi-task because I forget too much. Take note, take notes, take notes. Take care.

I used to be a perfectionist and would multi-task in order to get many things done in a day. However, fibro changed by way of life and the way I spend my days. I suggest that you try to relax as much as possible. Take a short walk to see nature and take note of flowers blooming and birds singing. When at home lay down and rest your eyes and body using soft music. Watch movies with happy endings and no loud noises or gory things. Lay down and cover your body with a soft blanket fresh from the dryer, the warmth with soothe and relax you. Take time for fun things with family and friends, and try not to complain in front of them. Most people have no idea what it is like living with fibro, and most of them do not really care to know, so sharing can make them avoid you which can cause you anxiety and over time a great amount of depression.

Come here and talk with us and vent here when you need to. This forum is filled with very supportive members who will listen and hear you, and totally understand. I am happy you found us. Please come back often and let us know how you are doing. :)

Thanks a lot for your supportive words. I feel better knowing that there are people who truly understand my pain and that I am not alone in this fight against pain.
Could anyone advice me about treatment centres in Bangalore. For the past one month the pain in my neck and shoulder region has been excruciating. I tried physiotherapy but the knots in my neck keeps reappearing. What can I do to get relief. I am under medication for two years now. I take Duleza and Pregablin.

try talking to your local hospital for a referral. ask for a case worker there.

are the meds helping and how long are they helping after you take them?

are you having spasm?

You said:
the knots in my neck keeps reappearing.

What did your doctor say about it? what is he/she treating you with for that?

sounds like you need answers from the doctor.

hang in there will us. we will try to help you any way we can.

feel better soon.

why is your

My medicines help in controlling the pain and specially to get proper sleep. I havent visited the doctor in a long time. I was asked to exercise and continue the medicines. But I hardly get time. I am trying to be more disciplined. I am getting treated at CMC Vellore, pain clinic. It helped a lot. But now due to stress it is getting worse

yes stress = pain.

so you get meds every month and you dont see a doctor?

im so sorry your having this pain. please see your doctor and ask questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back