Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
Hi, hope all of you mothers out there are having a great day with your families. Even though my daughter, son in law and granddaughter came over today and had dinner with me I am still feeling blah. Just so depressed I could cry. I never seem to want to do anything anymore and the thought of having to do something fills me with dread. I have starting having anxiety/panic attacks lately and am afraid to leave the house. I have also started to fear driving my car. There is no rational explanation for this but it is still happening. I see my PCP tomorrow for my annual physical and I plan to bring this issue up to him. I am also seeing a rheumatologist on Wednesday for the first time and am hoping she can help me find some answers to my fibro pain. I also had to quit work a year ago because I could no longer do the job I was doing. I filed for SSD but was denied twice. I now have a lawyer but he said it could take up to a year to go before and get an answer from the judge. Like I said I am just so depressed. I used to be so full of life and energy but now I spend most of my days sitting in the house waiting for time to pass. Everybody tells me I should get out and do something and I will feel better but when you are afraid to drive or leave the house how is that possible?

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. Hope I didn't but a damper on anyone's day.

Krista, as your sitting and waiting on your lawyer and judge. write a letter to your state rep and tell them you are having a problem getting approved for the SSD. they can help you. if you get an answer that they cant help write back and ask who can help you?

our state rep was kay bailey huchinson. she helped my friend and his two brothers get SSD. with one letter to her.
the worst they can say is i cant help you but, so and so can help you with that.

try to take small steps to getting outside your home. think to yourself, i need to get some vit D from the sun today. so i should sit outside for a few mins at at time. it will help me to do this small thing.

give yourself a good reason to do something in your mind.

i know its hard, but its not as hard to just try.

keep posting and venting. we hear you and understand you.

Thanks for the support. I saw my PCP today and he said I also had carpal tunnel syndrome. He wants me to try physical therapy. I don't know how I feel about that. I am hoping it's water therapy because I can't see my self rolling over a ball or doing leg squats. He also said my lipids were very poor. He is starting me on medication for that and increasing my dosage of Abilify hoping to bring me out of this depression. I have a conductive nerve test scheduled for next Wednesday. Not sure what that is. Hope it's not painful. See the rheumy on Wednesday of this week. I do try to get outside every day. I go out and water my tomato plants and sit in the sun for a few minutes.

I will give writing my state rep a try. Can't hurt anything and like you said maybe they can guide me in the right direction.

There is a lot of info online about carpel tunnel and Vit B6 dosing. I take B6 in the P5P form for nerve issues. But I've read it addresses CT. Dosing I've read is 50mg 2-3 times per day, this is the dose I use.

Chiros can also help with CT issues. I've heard positive stories from others on chiro work helping them. I don't think a PT would have you on a ball for CT work. J

What specific lipids? I have been getting lipid tests done for a few years and working on some issues with progress. I can share what I'm using and for what. I know that Omega 3's are critical for cardio support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back