What's the connection between hypermobile joints and Fibro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2015
Country
US
State
IL
Hi everyone,

When I was diagnosed, I was also told that I have hypermobile joints and that could also be a cause of the pain. I've been thinking about this recently, I noticed that my joints are very loose. I've ended up in the ER 2x for dislocations, hips tilt foreward unless i'm mindful of my posture, my right ankle always leans inward (overpronate is the correct term, I think), knees bend outward, and elbows inward.

So what is the connection and can anything be done to improve joints? Thanks!

I have no answers for you, but I also was told that I have hypermobile joints when I was diagnosed with Fibro. This caused spasms in the muscles that are trying to support the loose joints. Very painful situation.

My knees pop it's the worse ever .

The typical signs and symptoms of joint hypermobility syndrome are a hyperextensible skin, hypermobile joints, tendency to dislocations, fragile tissues, poor wound healing and a tendency to bruise easily. Chronic joint and limb pain is also common and many sufferers live with constant and multiple pain complaints. Patients show many abnormal muscle balances and have difficulty stabilising their joints appropriately, causing incorrect muscle uses which can lead to pain problems. Functional limitation is common in this group, who cannot participate in contact or vigorous sports without significant joint injuries and pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back