Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2015
Country
US
State
Missouri
Hi, I am 61 and have been diagnosed with Fibro. At first it started with the restless legs at night (Charlie horses). I was prescribed Gabapentin and help so much but then that went away and then I got the vice grips on both feet, starting on the one side and going across the top of my feet. Thankfully that went away too. BUT, now I have the pain in my middle finger on the right hand as well as the pointer finger. The pointer finger hurts so bad and I am starting to have spasms in that finger as well as the area between the finger and thumb. Shooting pain in my hand if I try to pick something up using that area.
Have an appointment with my doctor in January (twice a year for check ups) but when I talked to her (she is new) and mentioned the pain in my fingers she just fluffed it off. Don't think she believed me about the pain.
I really need some relief before I cut my finger off because of the pain. Should I go and see someone else? and if so what kind of a doctor should I be searching for? Thanks so much for any suggestions.

Welcome ,I'd first find a dr who beilives u.
Next ask for some thing for the pain.im on tramadol .and amitripolyn to help me sleep.sounds like u got a dr who don't like the Fibro word.
So keep looking this isn't going away soon so a goof dr is a must.

Yes, I have a YOUNG doctor (woman) and she really acted like I didn't matter. I told her NO on two things she wanted to try that would cost me out of pocket so after that it was like hurry up and get me out of there. That was the first time I saw her since she just came into the practice. I was thinking today that I might have to drive into Springfield (35 miles) to find a doctor who knows what they are talking about and I wouldn't be a time but a name. Not sure I like the young doctors since they just barely got out of med school. I will start calling doctors and ask how old they are and if they know what Fibro in and if they have other patients who are "dealing" with this. I feel lucky that I don't have this to bad but the pain in the index finger is really irritating me. Thanks for the words of encouragement and the welcome to the group! Deb

Hi there. Have you considered this might not be a fibromyalgia symptom? My brother-in-law had trigger finger, which started as pain in the areas you are describing. Just a thought. Take care.

I work retail and that is a really bad area for me since I have to put carts away and that sends a jolt up my wrist if I touch my thumb area when I push a cart in and also when I try to open something it hurts too from the twisting motion near my thumb. Sometimes I am doing nothing and have numbness and pain in my pinky, ring and middle finger and my dr that believes that fibro is real a rheumotogist that is retiring and told me up front the dr replacing him is a non believer even though she is a rheumologist and should be one to diagnose Fibro first. Thank the lord he is there and will be till the end of the year for me and I will find the best dr for fibro by calling and asking if they treat fibro patients.

Im glad you are going to keep looking for a doc who believes in fibromyalgia. Stay strong!

Thanks all for the suggestions. I can be laying in bed and reach backwards to turn the light off and the pain just shoots through the fingers and between the first finger and thumb area. SO frustrating. Next week (don't have time this week) I am going to start calling names and numbers of doctors I have even if they are 30+ minutes away and find someone who is smart enough to believe people are not making up things and believes this pain is REAL. So nice to know there are others out there that have this AND believe when someone else says they have it and don't think I am an idiot. Thank you all for your support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back