Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2015
Country
US
State
TX
I started Gabapentin 300mg 3 / times a day, then my Dr. increased it to 600mg 3 / times a day. Then he increased it to 800mg 3 / times a day. I was totally fine, with no side effects at all until the 800mg 3 / times a day.

On the 800mg 3 / times a day, I have been really shaky and jittery. I have felt like this for over a week. Has anyone else had this problem?

Also, If you don't mind me asking, What other medications do you take with your Gabapentin that help you with your pain?

Thank you so much,
Maddy

800mg a day. Dude that is to much. I quit gabapentin because unexplainable side able. I just take multivitamin magnesium devil claw and amitriptylin (sometimes) when the weather change . After 14 year suffer from fibro. I can finally cope with the disease.

Maddy,

I was put on Gabapentin just like you and went as far as 2700mg a day I had to cut back to 1200 a day but started having side effects really bad like could not remember things, my face would break out in a red rash, my eyes are going they are dry and possible double vision. I have tried several pain medication for this and to be honest now that I am going off the drug I am feeling 100% better this pill makes it worse to be honest. I was also getting headaches and my Fibro was flareing up more. If you can get off the drug it is not good.

Some people say Lyrica is good but I had side effects with that. I just start another drug not sure what good it will do so I can keep you posted.

Thanks so much for your replies.

I am on 600mg 3 x daily - I often only remember to take it twice a day though so might be upping it soon where I can just have two doses. I think the max dosage for efficacy is 3600mg/day so you are not taking too much.

For me gabapentin has worked better than Lyrica and with less side effects. With Lyrica I was having to up my dose every few months because it just flat stopped helping. Everyone responds differently - the trial and error with medication is one of my least favorite things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back