Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2013
Country
US
State
WY
Hello, my name is Katie, and this is my first time on a support site for Fibromyalgia. I think I have hit the wall on talking, explaining, and generally wining about my Fibromyalgia to friends and family. They seem to just now change the subject and are not interested in hearing me anymore. Which doesnt make me feel so great on top of feeling not so great. I have been diagnosed now for a little over three years. And somehow even with a bit of time that has past knowing what the issue is, I still have not excepted what I have. It took so much time, humuliation, wrong diagnoses, tests after tests, rolled eyes, and a ton of judgement later to finally after the right words on my behave, get diagnosed properly. And here I am a few years later knowing what I have, but still in some sort of weird denial. I hate that this rules my life. I hate that people will say just do it, walk, excersise, its mind over matter you can get past this. They have no idea what the struggle really is. I am depressed that is for sure and along with fogs, and pain and fatigue I never thought I would be here in this nightmare. I was always a swimmer, full of energy, a surfer, I worked my tail off with always two jobs always, kids, life ect and at 49 here I am rendered useless, or so I feel. I am on Nortriptyline, and Gabapentin and still there are good days and bad. More bad then good. Along with this Fibromyalgia I am riddled with Osteoarthritis. I tell you I could move along in life if I just had the osteo. But having both is crazy and one is stronger than the other. I dont want to feel sorry for myself and I dont think thats were I am, I believe I am paralized with pure depression with this. I feel as though life is at a stand still for me. What a terrible place to be. I am courious how do people come out of this, or do they? What works for them and what doesnt. I know this is very personal. We all have common symptoms of this affliction its true, but how we except and handle our diagnoses is another that is private and personal for each individual. I think it is time to find my personal way with this and become part of the living again , just at a revised and different Katie now. . This is therefor why I have joined this site. To hear and read of the struggles and yet the progress of how other people handle Fibro, gather ideas and try them. At this point it cant hurt. I will deside in time I suppose what will work for and how I am to join in on the world again. Thank you for listening. Here's to luck, hope, advise, learning, and growth.

Welcome Katie......you have come to the right place...usually i would write lots of helpful tips but my hands hurt a lot right now so i am limited ....i just dont like newbies posts to stay with no replies for too long....promise i will reply more later...hang in there we have all been where you are...this condition is such a battle .....you will find a path and making friends here is a start.We all understand...take care.

I also feel like no one cares when I talk about it anymore. My husband, friends, family... they just change the subject. but it's my whole life and consumes my whole body and everything I am. "Normal" people just do not get it and they never will, which is why I am here.

I hear you both my family are the same and this illness has also impacted upon my relationship with my partner.....to us our days are measured by pain....by what we can and cant do all carefully measured....everyday a challenge watching everyone else live a life we can only dream of with freedom of mind....at least about pain all over....hang in there x

Hi, I feel for you! I was diagnosed back in 2002, but then after my first "storm" for the most part it went into hiding except for a few symptoms.
Then, in 2011, I slipped on black ice shattering my left femur from hip to knee. That was when all he-- broke loose, with more pain and new symptoms popping up all the time.
About a month ago, I was in a health food store, hurting so bad I couldn't walk without the help of a cart, when the person in front of me turned around and said, "You're really hurting, aren't you?" I replied that I was, and she asked me what was going on? I told her fibromyalgia. She said "That's good news, because I have it too, and haven't had any symptoms or pain for over 20 years! I asked her what she did? She told me someone, (she considers her angel) told her about a Dr. St. Armand wHo is both an internist and an endocrinologist, who has studied patients with fibro for over 55 years, and wrote a book entitled " What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia". In the book he tells you how to get rid of it, and keep it away so long as you stay on his protocol! I bought the book, went to his website, joined his support group, and now I am in my second reversal!
Read the book, but be sure to get the 2012 edition! Good luck! Joi

Gabapenton was terrible for me, but I. Glad it works for you. Keep you eyes open if you have side effects. It took a family member to tell me, Mom your having all these side effects, have you read them? I gained 20 lbs also. Good luck to you. Hang in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back