Myofascial pains the oldmuscle knots pains !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tipnatee N

Very helpful member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2012
Country
US
State
NY
Myofascial pains the muscle knots pains !

If you look it up online , you'll notice it's everywhere. But as common as it is, to fibro it's much larger and much more than just muscle knots pains. But mostly point to tender points trigger pains.

Latest research said do to the muscle knot is a threat to blood flow problem that's why blood thinner seem to help the patient to find relieve. While the cause are unknown, they said it's not the muscle that causing the knot but rather the knots are more like the side effect . Many people who have MPS ( Myofascial pain syndrome or CMP ( chronic myofascial pain) are fibro sufferer. which the pains can also cause jaw problem and lighting strike type of pains .

Most said that even heat cold or massages, a medcation shots , forever taking CBD oil , many other oil and creams won't stop it either , since it just kept on coming back regardless . So what should we do for a real relieve? Nothing?

No wonder why people went crazy enough for leashes treatment. I also got better after taking lots of K types vitamin , iron, and circulation movement but still it always coming back . So what else is there ?

Last edited:
You struck a nerve or several mentioning knots,because I have an abundance of them on my back.

I rarely get a massage,but when I do it is pretty much an excruciating experience and knots are the cause.

It really takes the magic fingers of someone who knows what they are doing,and are affordable but unfortunately,I have yet to find someone.

I tried your rolling pin idea on the floor to help loosen them up a bit,but had to stop due to the high level of pain.I then decided to modify it a little bit,by doing it against a door.

I had a hot shower before,and managed a whole 10 minutes without screaming.

I will continue to do it regularly till I am ready to attempt it again on the floor,and I think it is a good compromise to having a person do it.

Also,it will allow me the chance to loosen them up whenever I need it.

Do you have any other ideas,or anyone else,on how to lower the pain or numbers of knots?Thanks!

Age 19, when I was going to my first physical therapist for my neck/shoulder pains, he and I were both shocked to see how much myofacial pain I had. I had all my life assumed the pain was normal, that everyone had it, so when he noticed I was really hurting and telling me this was not 'normal', we both just stared at each other, like 'what???' He could not believe I thought it was normal and I could not believe it was not normal!!!!

He tired to massage me but it was way too painful, so he stopped saying the massage would not help. He simply said 'be prepared to suffer from this immensely your whole life'. I wish I had gone to my GP and told him this and started the ball rolling. I am sure my fibro diagnosis would have come at that age, but I was young, feeling young, and thought 'come on, I am fine, no need to exaggerate'. haha, the joke was on me.

I also hate how good massages are so hard to find and impossible to afford! 4 years ago, when I was fired from my job, I once paid more to pamper myself, the place guaranteed a 'medical' massage, but this Thai lady...man oh man...it hurt like hell for days! So maybe it was not the 'right medical' massage for me, I don't know.

My sis also got me a fascia roller. I tried using it on my legs and lower back, but it hurtss!!!! I can't do any of the movements you do on the floor. Forget about it! The only movement I can take on the roller is rolling it side to side against the wall on my upper back (the bra-line, which hurts very often with me). It feels good, a bit painful, but sadly it does not make anything better.

Same with my tennis ball massages. They will feel good, give me that feeling of 'I am getting these knots killed hahaha', so there is always pain, and afterwards this feeling of being beaten up....so each time I hope it will help, but it actually does not. But I will continue to do it because I like the mental aspect of it!!!!

I wonder why they can't come up with an electronic device, like a deep massager, stronger than an TENS to help the knots. I read about similar devices online, some have good reviews, but I doubt they'd work with me. I don't know....too broke to even try them out!!!

Massage always flares my pain more....so funny i had a similar experience with a physio who said to me the exercises she had given me couldnt possibly cause me to lock up my whole left upper side or cause my knees to lock up to point i limped out of the physio room when i had walked in!

She said there was something wrong way more than a frozen shoulder and chondium patella.....hence my fibro diagnosis not long after as she refused to touch me again as she had never seen a reaction so extreme from so little movement and gentle massage.

I carried in thinking for some time oh i'll be ok...maybe im imagining it being so bad....maybe this is life in your 40's....carried on doing all my usual activities thinking it will go away eventually.....lol until it spread to the rest of me and every day i woke feeling like i had been run over by a truck and was forced by my own body to slow down.

I still find heat...warm showers and hwbs the best thing for me.....i think maybe many of us have myofacial pain not just fibro..one leading to the other maybe through inactivity ..poor posture and deconditioning as the years go by.

keep fighting the good fight! :)

Lubkos way. I'm having the 'knots flare up days' at the moment . It's like I'm trying everything although that it help , they all coming back not long after all my attempted to relieved . Sadly nothing last. To me if I have to move around I'll tight my posture and holding it up with medical wrap strings or soft long scarf .Cause or else , my standing possition would look just like the 'question mark pose' cause apparently when I push my hip forward and hunching down my back it lesser the pain I'm having. Not very flattering type of pose for the woman my age that's for sure cause how would I walk like that? It's not even possible , my mobility are worst than those robot rescue competitions. :confused:

I believe sleep possition is the key. I often lay down on something like micro-beads pillows ( or best are the grains pillows such as buckwheat pillow or flexseeds ) to support my back, neck , head . Cause the less impact the better. To mannage these type of plain circulation and blood flows are very importance. Cause it's a key to fastest recovery from the flares. That's my option. Any medication that help thining blood or help boost blood circulate always a plus for most Myofascial pains , sadly with fibro it just so much more stubborn than others.

Dear Vickythecat and Diamond.

My back agree with you on thinking it was normal till someone else told you it's not. I always have these knots ever since I was young I was living with it thought that because I was athletic that's why they were there for the reason. Till my doctor said otherwise. I have never been the type that reacting well to deep massages techniques , and so as both of my parents . The thought of stranger working on my muscle just giving me a fever cause that's it what it usually does. Being stuck on my back to the comfortable lounger possition only for a few day every once in a few months was the acceptable life for me till fibro. :sad: I never thought it could get so much worse. Yet again fibro never fail to amazed me.

Re: Myofascial pains the muscle knots pains !

. Many people who have MPS ( Myofascial pain syndrome or CMP ( chronic myofascial pain) are fibro sufferer. which the pains can also cause jaw problem and lighting strike type of pains .

What?? You mean other people have the lightening bolts?? I thought I was the only one!

Re: Myofascial pains the muscle knots pains !

Nope Alex , you're certainly not the only one. I get them too and it hurts like hell.

I agree sleep position is very important,especially because of my neck's issues,I must stay on my back.

There is an added bonus though,I will not generally,have to go to the john in the early morning.

On my side or stomach,they put pressure on my bladder.

Unfortunately,if it happens at 4 or 5:00 am,I will not be able to fall back asleep again.That in turn,will make me cranky!

It took a lot of effort to learn how to not move around,and if I wake up and the other half of the bed is made up,chances are that I will be feeling pretty good all day!

It is so tough to sleep well with fibro. Talk about cranky ,I haven't yet sleep since yesterday do to my non-24 sleep wake disorder thank to fibro.

Off the topic- Funny thing is that just a while back I could hardly link Non-24 to fibro at all in just about any info site I visited for years so I didn't believe I have it till it clearly went out of control. And till one day I commented on one of the the doctors' video on utube about it and suddenly one of the non-24 info site I used to read just got the word fibromyalgia added in to the common related symptoms just a day after :shock: wow , not sure if that was me or someone else finally see the problem.

Back to the sleep possition . With my RLS it's almost impossible to stay in one possition during sleep. So much so I have to relying on an ankle weight to keep me down. But it's so true that if I could mannage good sleep the pains will be so much less the next day .

I might even try to make my own mattress by stitching a bunch of squishy micrbeads pillows together to make a one giant futon mattress . It will take a long time to collecting them all though. Cause I just couldn't find a good enough mattress out there. I thought purple mattress might be promissing but the argument about the white powder in it which causing allergies have me scare . :confused: The new Sleep number sounds good but the sinking problem in the middle do to the air fill doesn't sound like a good support for my back. And I've tried all type of memory foam in all sort of different layer layout *sign* So sad. :cry: what a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back