Lobkos way's secret and new treatments for fibro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly hope this thread is for humor sake. Again your reaching out to the most outlandish treatment in hopes of a cure. If this is related to our gut then begin trying high fiber foods and detox, not an experimental trip for a treatment that may or may not do you any good except rob your bank account.

Are these posts helping our newbies in learning how to manage their symptoms? Are you being helpful and supportive, encouraging and uplifting? I am sorry but this is not a place of scientific experiments but a forum to place real day-to-day treatment options and ways you at home manage your different health issues. Reminding you all again.

And another thing,it is quite possible that I have nothing worth saying.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with 1sweed. Internet forums can be helpful and supportive. They can also be dangerous. Especially when the forum involves health issues with people desperately trying to find answers for their medical problem. Desperation can lead to risky choices. If someone wants to try snake oil then by all means do it but to advertise and promote it on a forum can be reckless. What I have found concerning on this forum is the amount of suggestions to try anything from Tylenol to large doses of electrolytes (which will cause severe cardiac arrhythmias), to bathing in ASA, and now poop. None of us are medical professionals. We CAN NOT tell or suggest any medicines for people to try. We can decide for ourselves but not for others. Many read these forums and through desperation may try these suggestions and harm themselves. Some readers may be gullible. We are responsible for what we type and print on this forum. I’m gob smacked at some of the diagnoses and pill popping suggestions that are tossed around on this forum. Why some are still around and participating in this forum is surprising. Large doses of Potassium and magnesium are dangerous. Please people, be smart. Don’t let your feelings of futility and desperation lead you to try any of these treatments. I know some of us feel abandoned by Dr’s. Not all medical professionals are useless. Even if the majority don’t understand FM or CF we must remember we don’t have a quarter of their education so to self diagnose or self treat with what has been contributed to this forum is foolish and can lead to our harm. I may not have said much over the past few months but what some of what I have read makes my mind spin. I wish the moderators would place more cautions when it comes to suggesting meds and supplements. I may not be a Dr but as a Paramedic I come from a pharmacology education. Sorry if I have offended any one but I do care. I would like this to be a forum that is encouraging, not a playground for some to peddle their own brand of treatments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back