Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2014
Country
US
State
WV

Hi everyone. I have been exhausted for a few years. I don't sleep well at all. I have constant pain, but particularly in my knees and lower back as well as between my shoulder blades. I was diagnosed a couple years ago with CFS. I was diagnosed when I was about 12 with major clinical depression. Usually, it's under control, but recently it has gotten worse again. I was also diagnosed with Fibro a little over a month ago. I've undergone 4 knee surgeries, three of which were in the last year. I am about to have another knee surgery at the end of this month.

My question is: Does depression follow with CFS and Fibromyalgia? I'm new to this world! I'm disabled due to my depression, anxiety, PTSD, and other physical issues.

Hello and welcome to the forum. For me the depression came after doctors that did not believe me and were rude and uncaring or concerned. I was hard at work until fibro stopped my ability to use my arms and legs, due to weakness. Then the brain fog was the last straw. I hope you are seeing a therapist who is treating your depression and anxiety.

Sometimes it is helpful to start new hobbies like painting or needlework, or anything that gives you pleasure and takes your mind of the pain for a little while. I do light flower gardening and plastic canvas projects. I like working jigsaw puzzles and relaxing by watching funny movies. I hope you will read through the different sections on the forum and ask as many questions as you need too, as well as, answering other members with hints or coping skills that have worked for you.

We try to be very supportive and offer the hand of friendship to all who come here so you will not feel so lost and alone. I look forward to seeing your name around the forum. :)

Hello and welcome to the forum. For me the depression came after doctors that did not believe me and were rude and uncaring or concerned. I was hard at work until fibro stopped my ability to use my arms and legs, due to weakness. Then the brain fog was the last straw. I hope you are seeing a therapist who is treating your depression and anxiety.

Sometimes it is helpful to start new hobbies like painting or needlework, or anything that gives you pleasure and takes your mind of the pain for a little while. I do light flower gardening and plastic canvas projects. I like working jigsaw puzzles and relaxing by watching funny movies. I hope you will read through the different sections on the forum and ask as many questions as you need too, as well as, answering other members with hints or coping skills that have worked for you.

We try to be very supportive and offer the hand of friendship to all who come here so you will not feel so lost and alone. I look forward to seeing your name around the forum. :)
I hope this is where I type my reply. Anyway, I would love to start some hobbies, but I have lost interest in everything. This isn't a new thing. I take care of my mom who has Alzheimer's (driving her places, taking her to shop, taking her to the doctor). I don't enjoy reading anymore. I think college and grad school killed that for me.

I was diagnosed at a pretty young age with depression, so that's been going on since I was a pre-teen. I'm sure now the doctors want to blame it on me having fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue, but that's just not true.

Oh maybe here was where I was supposed to reply. Let me cut and paste my reply in here. I hope this is where I type my reply. Anyway, I would love to start some hobbies, but I have lost interest in everything. This isn't a new thing. I take care of my mom who has Alzheimer's (driving her places, taking her to shop, taking her to the doctor). I don't enjoy reading anymore. I think college and grad school killed that for me.

I was diagnosed at a pretty young age with depression, so that's been going on since I was a pre-teen. I'm sure now the doctors want to blame it on me having fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue, but that's just not true.

Oh maybe here was where I was supposed to reply. Let me cut and paste my reply in here.

Hey Trixie... Either quoting the post you're answering or starting a new one works great, so either of your responses was fine.

I really don't know what the medical line is on depression as related to CFS / Fibromyalgia... but to me, it makes all the sense in the world that at least some forms of depression would be very normal for someone in constant pain, or constant fatigue.

I hope your doctor will turn out to be one who's able to help and know what it is you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back