Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2006
Country
US
State
Iowa
Hello everyone. I have had Fibromyalgia and Raynaud's for about 10 years. I have had Endometriosis for about 20 years, and I have had Migraine headaches for about 25 years. I have some other autoimmune issues as well, but I will spare everyone my full laundry list now. As I continue to meet and read about other brave souls with this illness, I learn that Fibromyalgia does not exist in a vacuum. By that, I mean, it never affects people without companion illlnesses.

I have support from my parents, which is huge for me, but I have trouble finding other people with Fibro to talk to since this disease is so difficult for others who do not have it to understand. I hope to find some friends here and we can offer each other support.

I have a young adult daughter who is moving out in a couple of weeks to go to University. I am divorced and she is my only child. Unfortunately, my family is on caregiver overload, as my grandmother has Alzheimers, which has advanced rapidly, and my father has Parkinsons and is dependent on assistance for several basic life activities. I feel a burden and inferior, as though my illnesses are less significant, even though mine have rendered me largely disabled. I guess I just havent found the right drug cocktail and combination of yoga, walking (exercise) or sleep habits.:-( But, I am hopeful!

I am shy, and I am unable to do most social activities, so feel free to contact me to chat about anything, since at this point my beloved animal friends are currently my only confidants.
Kristi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back