Not open for further replies.

lulu1981

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
louisiana
hi, i am a massage therapy student. i am having to do a project on how massage therapy has helped someone cope with fibro. i would be really greatfull if a few of you would allow me to post your testimony on how massage has helped you i would be really greatfull. thanks for taking the time to read my post.

I personally never liked massages, whatever the purpose may be. Almost all the time, it makes me feel more sick. There was even a time that my blood pressure shot up because of the massage. It just really never works for me.

It really helps me. My neck and shoulders are so painful and tense that I feel like the massage therapists works out the knots that develop back there. I spend most of my day sitting in a chair at a computer. Holding a mouse and typing on a keyboard is not the healthiest thing to be doing over and over for 8 hours a day. I'll probably still see my masseuse until I retire. It really helps me continue working.

Massages honestly have not helped me much...But maybe I'm just not going to the right person. I actually feel pain WHILE the person is massaging me usually, so maybe I'm just not going to the right people. I feel like even if you have a chronic condition or some other type of ailment, that it should not hurt when you are getting a massage. They should be soothing not painful!

Massages honestly have not helped me much...But maybe I'm just not going to the right person. I actually feel pain WHILE the person is massaging me usually, so maybe I'm just not going to the right people. I feel like even if you have a chronic condition or some other type of ailment, that it should not hurt when you are getting a massage. They should be soothing not painful!

Are you getting massages from your hubby or a licensed massage therapist? There is a big difference. Maybe try taking a shower or bath before your massage. That might help loosen you up. Or have the masseuse use oils.

Massage helps me alot, I get a massage at least two times a week, I get big knots in my shoulder blades , and the only thing that helps is a massage, and then I go home and take a long hot shower. I feel like a million dollars!

Massage, no matter how gentle or rough the masseuse is, always hurts me during the massage... but a day or two later - the toxins are flushed out of my system and my body feels great for about 3 weeks (I get them once every 3 weeks).

Massage helps me alot, I get a massage at least two times a week, I get big knots in my shoulder blades , and the only thing that helps is a massage, and then I go home and take a long hot shower. I feel like a million dollars!

That's what I use them for too. My shoulders get so achy from using the mouse and keyboard all day. The masseuse really works out the knots. I think I'd be miserable without my masseuse. I also partake in a hot shower after the massage session.

I've been recently diagnosed with fibro (already knew I had rheumatoid arthritis), but I've been getting massages for years because of pain and tension. I'm still getting them for my shoulders and neck -- like the other pro-massage people in this thread, I spend most of my day at a keyboard -- but my doctor has told me to avoid lower back massage. (His alternative is spending 10 minutes a day each in my local pool's spa and sauna, then walking up and down the pool for a while. It's working out quite well, and pool membership is cheaper than what I was spending on weekly back massages!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back