Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/1999
Country
US
State
New Jersey
I am an M.D. and just joined the Forum. I was diagnosed 20 years ago with Chronic Fibro and Myofascial Pain Syndrome. I also have sleep problems at the third most intense of the components that I carry with me all day,, every day.

I have studied this complex condition as both a physician and a patient. It is easy for me to approach the other Docs and discuss the problems and I have experience from both sides.

I might be able to help out those of you who are confused by your symptoms, disgusted with the Medical profession, and just feel that they are trapped by the Monster.

I will be here from time to time and offer my perspectives and share my knowledge if anybody is interested. I won't be here every day.

I find it so ridiculous that so many people all over the world complain of the same problems. It's like all these people got together to create a 'made up' ailment so that their lives can be worse. That was sarcasm,,because FMS, etc. is a real entity. As physicians, we like to see proof in a lab report or a physical finding but we all complain of similar invisible symptoms. The condition is slowly making its way into the medical community but the average doctor doesn't have a clue to how it feels to have our lives ruined.

The Medical community is slow to believe in FMS, are afraid to treat it,,, and don't like unhappy patients sitting in their waiting rooms. However, we must educate ourselves and take advantage of the truth to serve ourselves and keep looking for a medical 'believer' as I am.

Anyway, I'm happy to join this forum. I've been on all the meds, tried the recommendations, and keep up with the literature. I predict that a treatment will surface along with a diagnostic test. It may wind up to be a virus which is making chemicals in our bodies or caused a change in how we interpret nervous messages that makes us feel the way we do.

Work hard to keep your relationships and don't let it destroy your loved ones. Try to make the best of what you can do.

So glad to have you here, and I can assure you that forum members will take advantage of your very generous offer to answer questions. In fact, there are a few questions in the other thread you responded to... about the article I read. I didn't see your post here first, or I would have asked in this thread. :D

I guarantee there's not a person here who doesn't hope desperately that the prediction you made will turn out to be accurate!

Glad to have you here, it's always nice to have an open minded MD! I used to have on,e but he retired last year (Huge loss for me), so now I'm here left alone, not getting real advice from my GP because he just doesn't care. Gosh, how I miss my former GP, but I know he will never come back. He had an accident and can no longer remember people, so no, I can't even call him to see how he is or talk about something with him. Nothing. You remind me of him, because you seem a very nice and open minded MD!

Thanks for joining, I'm sure it will be so helpful to have you around here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back