Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2014
Country
US
State
MD
Hi. I'm Pam, and a newbie here. I was just formally diagnosed. Hoping to learn more about fibromyalgia and what treatments work. Seeing rheumatologist today.

Welcome! I'm so sorry to hear that you've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia! I was just diagnosed with it in august, but i've probably had it for about four years now! Thankfully the past few months (September until now) have been quite easy for me, as my worst symptoms have seemed to die down. One thing you may notice, if you haven't already is that fibro symptoms can have an extremely wide range! and many of them can last for months and then suddenly POOF! they are gone! Fibro can really effect every part of your body! From tight, achy muscles to nerve pain, heat and sun sensitivity, irritable bowel, hyper sensitive skin and brain fog, you may find it helpful to document your sympotoms, and keep track of them!.

Also, i learned that nerve pain may be associated with emotional stress, every night i would have burning, tingling sensations moving up and down my legs (felt like somone was dragging a sparkler up and down my legs) It was really unbearable and it would leave me in tears unable to sleep! But almost as soon as one of my biggest stresses (alcoholic stepmother) left (moved out) so did my unbearable nerve pain, i only experience hints of it now and then when i am emotionally stressed.

I am 17 years old, im not sure how old you are, but my biggest advice would be to really take care of yourself, develop proper sleep heigine (quality of sleep directly effects the amount of pain you will experience, many fibro patients miss the restorative stage of the sleep cycle,

(sorry for being so long, id just like to give you as much info as i can!)

Also, talking to a counsellor will most likely help your pain! because fibro can be caused by prolonged stress. If you are like me, where your body deals with stress by storeing it in your body, this will really help you to get things out and your symptoms may decrease!

I wish you luck! look up as much as you can on fibro, knolage is power!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back