Companion Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they are fantastic stress relievers and provide so much entertainment, all for the cost of adoption, food and a vet bill once a year. Great bargain when you consider what you and they get out of the deal.

We have an awesome Saint Bernard dog, a doberman and two cats. I've been thinking about getting a parrot. Those birds have always seemed so interesting to me. I think it would be funny to have one repeating my words. I'm amazed that a bird is capable of such an act. Has anyone ever owned a parrot?

I have different types of birds and love having them. They actually require alot of interaction to stay healthy especially the larger ones. Also, even if a type of bird is known as a good talker, there's no guarantee that a particular bird in that species will learn to talk. I find that the ones that are most relaxing are the smaller finches, the bourke parakeets. They don't need daily one on one time and watching them fly in their cage and sing is incredibly relaxing. Birds that need to be handled can add stress to the home. Even the well-behaved ones will scream, bite. And expect to have food thrown all over the floors, walls. And I haven't even mentioned the poop! They are definitely not an easy pet to keep. Think very hard before you get a parrot.

Wow, logy, I didn't realize that a parrot would be so much of a hassle. That sounds like more work than I want for a bird's company. I think my dogs might bark at a parrot all day too. They'd get worked up and never stop with the barking. Maybe when my kids grow up we'll get a parrot. They'd be willing to chip in on the labor. I didn't realize that bird would throw its food across the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back