Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2013
Country
US
State
TX
So, last night was a pretty rough night for me...honestly, the worst I've had in a really long time.

I laid down in bed around 10 PM. Fairly normal for me. I couldn't get comfortable to save my life. I tossed and turned until after 11, when my fiance came to bed. Long story short, I was awake until nearly 3 AM, unable to get comfortable at all. My limbs felt extremely achy and out of place...almost like I didn't even know what to do with them and couldn't find a single "natural" way to lay so that the feeling of them didn't just drive me crazy.

This came at the end of a pretty high-discomfort day. Even wearing pants all day at work made me uncomfortable and restless. My pain levels weren't too high - until I laid down to sleep. Even then, the pain wasn't as bad as it has been in the past, but it was such a nagging ache that I was nearly in tears.

Any of y'all experience this? Any tips/tricks/advice?

I wound up staying home from work sick today, taking some Benedryl and just knocking myself out for the entire day, but obviously, that's not the optimal solution.

My brother is diagnosed with Fibro, and he's been waking up in the middle of the night and waking me up as well. He claims he has really deep pain in his back and stuff around there. It's really bad as well, I really feel sorry for him.

I get those pains as well and it is frustrating. My doc says it's likely restless legs syndrome.

I am not familiar with the pain part but I do have chronic fatigue. Sleeping is never a problem for me but doing routine daily activities as simple as showering or laundry is a huge task for me. A lot of it is mental in my case I think and maybe your sleep problems could be the same.

This comes from my mums advice not mine - she used to have problems sleeping (not fibro or CFS and she passed away 14 years ago) and was prescribed heavy sleeping tablets which she hated. What she used to do was if she had several bad nights in a row (like the one you describe) she would use the sleeping tablets for 2 or 3 nights to "remind" her body and mind what they were supposed to be doing then go back to not using them and this would usually last for 2 to 3 months. That way she did not become dependent on the sleeping tablets but was able to maximize her sleeping.

I really would not worry about using benedryl and knocking yourself out for the day if it is only something you do once every couple of months although it might be worth seeing if your doctor can prescribe something to use instead. You only really need to worry if you end up needing it a couple of times a week if that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back