Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I agree with you, stress is like humans worst enemy but it tends to affect everyone, yet it leads to many diseases, heart disease, high blood pressure and even cancer and many others, we must try to avoid it, though it is common.

Yes, I agree with you that stress has a lot to do with body pains; I guess that is the reason why I am always in constant pain because I am in constant stress. I get a lot of rest up to 10 hours per day, hence; I know that lack of sleep is not triggering my pains. I find that when I do get around to some exercising, the pain is reduced significantly to even go away.

There are many other reason of stress apart from lack of sleep. But if one is suffering from such thing then rather than taking medicines see nice chiropractor at Centreville, VA,

I think stress does make the pain worse. Usually my stress was either school related or money related. I found that after removing myself from a stressful situation my pain got better. Also I find that when I'm more stressed I tend to have unhealthy habits (bad eating, not exercising) and when I'm less stressed I'm more likely to take care of my health, so that means I feel better.

Hello.
Stress is a big issue for me, it really does start pain for me. For the last 10 years or so I have been working with homeless people and former offenders.
I have worked people that most would never come into contact with; people who have killed, etc, I could go on but I think you get the idea..
Now that is stressful, yet at the time it was a job, a job I enjoyed. The last month my body has told me, no more stress please..!
I am having the worst flare I have ever had. I was told I had fibro at 16, I am now 48. I was able to cope with the pain before, was always tired, but coped.
Everything is now hurting, I put it down to years of stress. My body has given up. I have also just moved house, so yet more stress. My poor wife is having to do everything. More stress and guilt for me. I have a job waiting for me, same line of work, I cannot do it because of this flare up. And I do not want to do it, because I have learnt the hard way, stress = pain.
I am worried that this time the flare up will not go away. Yet more stress.
You really cannot win, anxiety is also very high. I now do not want to leave the house.
And that stresses me..!
What fun...!
Not.

Hello, Stress is a big factor in my flare ups also. The tension that stress brings on seems to kick fibro pain to intolerable. I know the obvious, everyone says to reduce stress and avoid things that cause us stress it is not all that easy. I have a very mental and physical demanding job. Where I live you are fortunate to get a job. It is a daily struggle to keep going day after day but I have no choice at the moment. I am struggling to do things I love to do to relieve my stress level because I am having severe flare up and just plain exhausted from everything...Thank you for listening ..sorry for the complaining.

I actually take Klonopin for anxiety which has severely reduced my stress. I didn't want to at first but it was getting out of control. The anxiety was causing stress and it was just taking a huge toll on my health. I tried relaxation techniques like meditation but that didn't work so ultimately I went to a psychiatrist. It took a few weeks to start working.

I think stress does make the pain worse. Usually my stress was either school related or money related. I found that after removing myself from a stressful situation my pain got better. Also I find that when I'm more stressed I tend to have unhealthy habits (bad eating, not exercising) and when I'm less stressed I'm more likely to take care of my health, so that means I feel better.

I think money is the biggest stress factor for most people :( It definitely is for me, not making enough cash every month is so stressing, I can tell the stress is making this current flare worse :( Btw, I also tend to eat what I'm stressed, don't you feel a bit better after that? I do, but then a few minutes later I feel so guilty, lol. I think it's quite normal, I heard yoga + exercise do wonders.

Hi I am also affected badly by stress but unfortunately there's no escape from mine I have 2 children one has a form of autism and the second one has dravett syndrome so my life is overwhelmed with stress if one isn't having seizures the other one can't understand properly my gp thinks my fibromyalga stems from 21 years of looking after my family my wife and I can't remember the last time we had a night of sleep or a day without major stress don't get me wrong I love my children for who they are

I must admit that I have been under a great deal of stress. I am moving. I began a new sales job recently. I have been on a diet. The next thing I know I am suffering from JOINT pain! I have noticed that my fingers have swollen a little. This is not during the morning. I became used to morning stiffness. Lately, these pains have occurred afternoons after writing or typing.

I can't imagine anything more stressing than wanting to do something we used to do, but just can't anymore. So we need to find a way to deal with that, I believe it's an important part of dealing with the condition.

I've felt great the last 3 days and that's all thanks to the fact I'm no longer as stressed as I was some days ago. The solution? Aromatherapy! You see, I have a lot things going on that should worry me (but instead of panicking I'm acting on them), but I still manage to keep myself sane and relaxed. I just tried an aromatherapy spray that helps with insomnia (it really does) and also helps ease your nerves. Yup, stress can definitely make your body ache badly!

Hi I am also affected badly by stress but unfortunately there's no escape from mine I have 2 children one has a form of autism and the second one has dravett syndrome so my life is overwhelmed with stress if one isn't having seizures the other one can't understand properly my gp thinks my fibromyalga stems from 21 years of looking after my family my wife and I can't remember the last time we had a night of sleep or a day without major stress don't get me wrong I love my children for who they are

Believe it or not... you can live stress free if you want it. I also got a lot issues going on in my life, but I still manage to feel calm... it's also about a mental change. Aromatherapy also helps, you could try yoga, tai chi, or even meditation. I prefer aromatherapy tho; it works! Now not giving a damn about those overwhelming problems is easier (I still do what I go to do, but instead of panicking I act on it and do whatever I got to do, kinda like a robot).

You also need to find a way to mentally block certain reactions triggered by your worries. Isn't so hard, took me 2 years... it wasn't cold turkey, it happened little by little and here I am :D Try with aromatherapy, I just bought a spray and it truly works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back