Reason
Relative
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
Saskatchewan
Hi, I am the dad of a 21 year son who is in constant pain. He used to love to work out and eat healthy. We thought he over did his workouts and caused injuries to his joints, but this just doesn't add up. He has gone to physiotherapy, rested for long periods with very light work outs, but nothing seems to heal. He currently has pain in both shoulders, both knees, both achilles tendons, both hamstrings, and biceps tendons at elbow. He is constantly complaining and icing his joints. He only works 5 hours a day and comes home sore all over. He can walk our dog because of pulling on his shoulders. He is thin, eats well, but doesn't sleep well at all having a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep. He has had an ultrasound on one shoulder and one knee without showing injury. He has had blood tests that come back normal. They were looking for all the regular things plus ESR, RF and CRP and it sounds like everything was normal. I wonder if he has fibromyalgia. He is getting very frustrated and depressed about his situation. I wonder if anyone has any ideas what this might be along with what treatment might look like. Thanks much for any help.
Andy

welcome to the forum. please see my posts what is fibromyalgia and starting a daily log book. start here.

the muscles that are holding the joints in place are more than likely weakened. wont show in any test or x-ray.
his trouble sleeping is due to his pain. we all get fatigue from this.
start a sleep schedule and a hot bath before bed. try mediation when trying to sleep or breathing exercises.

im so glad you understand his pain and want to help him.

read the posts and ask more questions to learn about fibro.
thanks for caring!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back