Location of your pain? Where does I hurt most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blonde4938

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2015
Country
US
State
TX
My most painful area is the right buttock/hip. Second would be my left shoulder/elbow.
Is there a common pain site?

These are common pain sites but everywhere is a common pain site. If you asked everyone who has fibro we would all be different....some people have pain only in certain areas most of the time and more during a flare others it moves daily and for other the whole body hurts to varying degrees all the time.

I hope that helps

My pain is usually in my legs. They always ache. I don't know what it feels like for them not to ache...

Although my pain is widespread, it's my head neck and shoulders that give me the most grief. Unbearable at times.

Its me again Grace my head neck shoulders arms and hands have recently joined in the party in a big way too.

My arms and shoulder blades would always react to activity but often were not bad on waking and would recover after a couple of days but now i am finding the level of pain and disability my upper body causes on top of my usual leg and hip pain overwhelming.

blonde4938...i hope all our descriptions give you an idea of how different we all are.

My upper body stiffness & pain is why I have trouble getting up in the morning. Honestly it really does get me down, I need one of those pully things above my bed, you know like a thing to grab hold of to pull me up! Electric one if possible.

Hi Grace -
I was in agony for nearly three years with hip, lower back pain and neck and shoulder pain and it was purely by chance that my doctor send some additional blood tests off about 6 months ago after I was laid up in bed for over 3 weeks in agony with my lower back. They came back all raised an she advised I have PMR. I went to see a consultant Rheumatologist. Upon reviewing all the notes from the Doctor he said you don't have PMR you have Fibromyalgia, your far too young to have PMR. I am also a Diabetic type 2 and have high blood pressure. I have had through the consultant a lower spine MRI and a full spine MRI then he sent me for a MRI of my brain as well. All came back with lower back degenerative disease, and overgrown bone at the top of my spine, the brain scan came back with white matter lesions very excessive for my age !
I have been to a physio and had relaxation sessions I am awaiting for a referral back to the consultant through NHS as my own insurance through work has been used for this year. I am in agony and the pain killers do not work I don't get any sleep and I am up and down all night tossing and turning, its a drain and a visious circle and never ending if you know what I mean. I cant even hang out 2 0 4 things on the line without my shoulders and neck and back burning in pain, also cant wash pots without being in pain but no one really understands as they all say I look well and have lost over 2 stone in the last 4 -5 months ......its getting me down and to top it all they have messed up my referral at my docs and sent through a blank template to them for the consultant so it has to start the whole process all over again .! nightmare ......sorry for moaning everyone ! I am usually a glass half full girl and love to laugh but its getting tougher and tougher to smile .....

Ah B2005149 it is tough isnt it... i get the pain washing pots and hanging out the washing...it's almost too much to bear...i am struggling too with these things...no good days really...i feel for you.

Everywhere . Some days my shoulders the next my legs. Some days everywhere hurts. I hate hand pain the worsed as u need your hands don't you.

Neck, shoulders, and shoulder blades

well id say my most painful areas is the hip, thighs, neck, shoulders and head... but of all that, i think the fatigue is the worst. In a way its difficult to point out one thing, cause atleast for me there is pain everywhere, and its different from day to day....

hugz to all of you

Shoulder blades, lower lumbar, hips, legs, chest, upper arms, and lately numbness in my feet. I am starting back up with my headaches as well.

My pain is my shoulders, neck, back of the head, hips...especially the left hip area and occassionaly my knees. The shoulder pain feels like I am carrying around 100 pound weights on my shoulders.

I have hands and knees pain the most often...every day. Sometimes the pain lessens and sometimes it gets worse, nonfunctional even. I have pain every day and it moves around, usually starting out with hands and feet.
Just since yesterday, I've developed a sore throat and find it hurts to swallow. I have read that these are listed as Fibro symptoms. Tonight I have a headache that won't go away. I don't get headaches very often but this one is a doozy. I thought before that it seems like every month I get some new symptom. Now I'm thinking it maybe sooner than that.
I keep a journal but some days I forget to write something in it so its difficult to tell how much time passes between one set of new symptoms and the next.

As for me, my pain usually begins in the neck and shoulder area. I have bursitis in both hips (which I ice). My physical therapist said she often sees that with her fibromyalgia patients. But my legs are the worst by far. They hurt so much that I have dreams that my legs are stuck under a boulder!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back