Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Sagey yes i have tried a few but with very little help so far.. Amitrptyline was the antidepressant i tried for pain but it didnt help and some nasty side affects but im thinking i will give it another go...thats why i asked about savella as maybe it might suit me better being a more modern drug.

If the Suboxone suits you and helps quite a bit i hope you can carry on getting it.

My mother felt relaxed after the acupuncture treatment.

HI Diamond,

Have you had x-rays on your knees? perhaps there's also some arthritis going on that is being made worse by FM. It might be worthwhile to see an orthopedist as well.

Hope you feel better soon.

I too suffer from extreme knee pain, I haven't necessarily found anything that relieves it for an extended amount of time. I have been on so many meds and the side effects are usually worse than the help its supposed to provide, but everyone is different and I don't want to discourage anyone from trying to find the med that works for you. At night my knees hurt so bad that I can't sleep, I have found that the plain "original" Aspercreme helps and will allow my muscles to relax enough to help me get to sleep. Pretty much all of the muscles in my body are rock hard all the time. I've even gotten massages and a few hours later they are rock hard again, but when my wife rubs the aspercreme on my back after about 5-10 minutes my back has loosened up to where she can tell physically that it helps. Now if I could just figure a way to make it last all day! Anyway I feel your pain and hope you feel better soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back