how do you cope with stress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read, go for walks, work in my craft room, talk to a friend. These are all great ways for me to deal with stress in my life. I love to paint as I find it very soothing. I have also prayed before when I am super stressed and that works nicely as well.

I think it would be easy to sink into a depression. I fight it everyday. The pain never goes away. I can't work because of my condition so my finances are a mess, adding to my stress. I can't walk my problems off like I used to. We can't do things we used to because our pain so limits us. We can't engage with the grand kids like we once did and although they are patient, it has to be annoying when grandma can't even walk you one block to school! All this added stress makes the pain inflame and on and on it goes.

The best way to cope with stress for me has been talking with my mom and boyfriend when I really need it, specially my mom. She makes me feel better most of the time :) I also like to work out often, it seems that has also helped me to cope with stress. I'm also getting some help from natural aids, like teas and such. I like to believe those help me out :p Not sure if they really do in the end.

I usually go for a long walk, especially at night when no one is around to get in my way. Sometimes I will go shopping for groceries and comfort food. That gets my mind off of things. Other times I'll roll one up and blaze. My best recommendation is to pick up a fun hobby like video gaming or something like racquetball or tennis. Exercise is the best stress reliever.

I am interested in this meditation practice. I will have to look it up.
I don't actually have an outlet for my stress. I have trouble resting when I am stressed because when I am stressed, the pain is much worse. I should lie down and rest so I can recover. I usually throw myself into my writing and develop a give=a-crap attitude.
I create much of my stress, I worry about everything. My mind is never at rest. Meditation might help.

Once a week I go to my caregiver's house and hang out in the grow room. Been tight friends for most of my adult life. Something very relaxing in being with old friends and also helping to grow our meds. It's almost spiritual in nature. Does that make sense?

It is not a very difficult task to put into yourself in depression. We can also get rid of depression easily. There are many ways to reduce stress level. Exercise is one of them.

Hello,
I often deal with stress and their no other thing that can make fix my mood. i just go any place and keep calm, spent some time alone and make my mind cool that's all i can do for myself...

I find that nothing beats the stress relief to be had by taking a nice long relaxing bath. I summer jog is a close second, but in the winter the only thing that really does it for me is a bath. A cup of hot chocolate afterwards is the perfect combination. I doubt I'm the only one who does this too.

I love to meditate. If I have trouble getting focused, I will use the videos on Youtube to get started. I also love to read. It can really take my mind off things.

I like going on long walks or runs. If it's summer I try and go for a swim for a while. Exercise is a proven way to reduce stress, not to mention having many other benefits.

There are many great advice from the members on here. Like princessinpain, I like to meditate every now and then. If I can't find a quiet place to meditate, I use my IPod, in order to drown out all the outside noise. What I also love to do is cleaning :D Maybe I'm the only one who feels that way, but cleaning makes me feel better about myself and it helps eliminate negative energy.

When I'm stressed out, I usually clean. There's just something methodical about dusting and vacuuming that eases my mind. I think it has something to do with the whole "clean house, clean mind" idea. I also read a lot and write a lot to get my mind off of things. On nice days, I take the dogs out to the backyard and play with them. One thing that really helps me with stress and depression are my pets. I have four dogs and a cat. They always manage to refocus me.

I've tried meditation but I know it does take discipline. The hardest part about meditating for me is that I haven't learned to just let go of what's stressing me out enough to forget about it while meditating. I know I'll get the hang of it eventually. For now, another remedy I have is putting on storm noises (like those CDs that play storms). It just calms me down and makes me feel better.

I normally get up and go for a short walk, go make some herbal tea or if needed, take time and chill out in a hot bathtub. I use to go for runs but since I started feeling these symptoms I haven't been able to.

My pets help me deal with stress. I think if it wasn't for them I would really be down in the dumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back