Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/1997
Country
US
State
IL.
Hi. New to the Support Group Family. I have had Fibro for at least 15 years,that's approximately when it was diagnosed. Recently I've been experiencing a burning tongue. It's a new one for me. Anyone else experience this. If so, any solutions? Thanks

Hi Ginger, have you told your GP about it? I'm sorry to say that most fibro sufferers often think most of their symptoms are caused by fibro, but most of the time that's not the case. You should really tell your GP about this. As far as I know a burning tongue isn't a common fibro symptoms. Whenever you start experiencing a new symptom all of a sudden, the best you can do is seeing your doctor asap!

I have to agree with what Trellum said... it's easy to assume anything that doesn't feel right is related to the fibro, but often it's a completely different issue. There's actually something called "Burning Mouth Syndrome" (as just one example) so better to get it looked at or at least call your doc's office to see if you can do anything about it without going in if you don't want to do that right away.

Thank you. I have seen my Dr. for it. She seems to think it's a result of GERD. I did see a GI and am having endoscopy May 9.
I did read that tri geminal sensory nerves can be a cause as well, which also can cause your lips to burn and inside your mouth
which I've also experienced. Thanks.

I'm glad to hear this wasn't a fibro-related issue. These things (although I may be wrong) seem as if they may be a lot more treatable then if it had been something caused by your fibro... did the doc give you anything to try for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back