Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
ca
Idk where to start. June this year my left thigh went numb/tingly. Went to my toes. I was dehydrated and thought that's what this was due to. Spread to my arm next day. went to the doctors a few days later because it didn't stop, she put me on an anti depressant and told me to seek counseling. I was confused because I didn't know where this was coming from. I began having panic attacks, the numbing/tingling didn't go away, my muscles hurt (all over) I was tired and fatigued all the time, awful headaches, moody, back hurts, shooting pains through my legs, muscle spasms, pain in my neck, base of my head. After a few weeks, the left side of my face went numb as well. I went to the hospital that night where they did a CAT scan which showed I had some calcification on the brain but not in an area that would create these symptoms. The ER doc referred me to a neurologist. He had an MRI done which showed no MS or tumors. Neurologist put me on another antidepressant in addition to the original one to help with my headaches. I have gone back to my primary for additional help, I have severe anxiety due to no answers. My primary has again referred me to a therapist and made references to being "crazy". She's done blood work for rheumatoid arthritis, inflammation in my body, regular blood work, etc. I have all the results but don't know how to read them. Google of course says I'm dying because when I look things up in looking them up individually and not as a whole. She of course says there's nothing to worry about. I have since gone to the therapist who has referred me to a psychiatrist. I feel like everyone is trying to give me to someone else. The therapist says it sounds like fibromyalgia. I want someone to put a name to what I have so I stop feeling "crazy" and depressed. Recently, I have started feeling the tingly feeling in my mouth (something I noticed when I'm anxious) and I have pain under my arms around the rib area. No one can tell me what's wrong which only gives me more anxiety and heightens my issues. I can't seem to get away from being in pain and mentally exhausted from trying to find an answer. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry to babble.

Anxiety can make the pain worse. It can also make your brain race to terrible things. The only advice I can give right now is one that would be difficult to follow. You need to distance yourself from the situation to give yourself a chance to calm down. Once you are calmer, you can tackle the problems.

sinisterporpoise is right try to distract your self and then go make your mind up you will not quit until you get a diagnosis. That's what I did and then all of a sudden bam! I got a diagnosis! (Lupus) oh but it only took almost 10 years..but part of that was my fault-I would get discouraged and give up and not see any doctor for a long time. So when my symptoms kept getting 1000 X worse and I made my mind up...I went in and sat my doctor down and told her frankly just how much I was suffering and with prayer from my friends, she gave me a rhematologist and a neurologist (a new one because I told her the other one was worthless), and they really got the ball rolling-on day one of my rheumy visit she told me I have fibro and on day 4 after all my labs were done she called me and told me I have lupus-in the meantime the neurologist called and told me I have a severe autoimmune disease going on and I am getting an MRI done tomorrow to rule out MS. By the sounds of your symptoms you DEFINATELY have some kind of process (probably autoimmune) going on. Oh yes, my primary doctor sent me to "Pain management" AND "psychiatrist" in the past until they actually had me believing I was going nuts. Let me tell you this: Do NOT let anyone tell you "its all in your head" and get mad, and do not give up until you have answers! Good Luck and I hope you feel better soon.
PS. sometimes the labs don't show anything for awhile but eventually they will-when you are flaring and having bad symptoms go in and KEEP going in so that they will document and one of these times the labs are going to give them a picture so that between the labs and all of your symptoms you WILL get a diagnosis. I am like you, I wanted something to tell me Im not going nuts! Im actually HAPPY I have a diagnosis! I feel like warm caca but Im happy about that. AND you will be soon too. Don't give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back