DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
CA
Hi everybody !
So recently I just got diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and low Vitamin D (which my dad also has) by my rheumatologist and im barely in my 20s which is utterly heartbreaking ;-;. It first started with when I developed this dull and elocurating back pain almost as if I had a needles on my trapezius. I told people about it and they said it was normal and try to go back to your daily life by just consuming a whole bunch of advil and try living with the pain.

So, I took their advice but I knew something was wrong. This neurlogical pain was too great to ignore; it felt worst then when I had my appendicitis ! Over the next couple months of livig with this horrific pain symptoms started to pile up. I started to develop fatigue alongside the pain and I all did was lie in bed hoping to get a decent sleep. Other symptoms that developed were: numb/pressurized nose and face (feels like I am wearing a mask that NBA players wear hen they brake their nose), numb upper teeth, weak/cracky joints, severe muscle twitching, neck pain, stiff legs, neck pain, chest pain, air hunger, blurry vision, itchy bumps that bleed, blood under toenails etc...

I dont feel like the same person I once was anymore. I spend the day in bed hoping for the pain to disappear even for a moment so I can get a decent rest. The only thing that helped 10% of the pain is my Vitamin D Rx. Im not the same person and I can feel it. Ive seen many doctors and most of them unsympathateically tell my I should immediately see a therapist when then dont even have the decency to understand me almost as Im crazy hence making me believe I have Lyme disease or Lupus.

The most disheartening part is my family and friends think Im a "a lazy, depressed person with absolutely no motivation". Why would I be making the pain and symptoms up ?! Why wouldnt I want to go live life and do things I want to do ?!? If only they can be in my shoes for one day. Is it bad to say that I want a disease like Lyme or Lupus so people can understand me? I do have a history of anxiety since I was seven but yet I feel like theres something causing it and not the other way around. I wish this pain would atleast a little bit more milder so I can get another job and start progressing with my life.

Sorry for unexpectedly venting (._.) and I know alot of you have gone through the thing. My
Lupus and other test come back in a few days and my next appt is in two months *Sigh*

Anyways thanks for reading.

So many of us have wished we hd something else then fibro because ppl don't see it as a real illness. But we do have it and we have to deal with it the best way we can.wait and see what your blood tests show. And feel free to chat to us in here . It's crappy being told u have fibro . And even more crappy when Your in limbo waiting x

Yeah got my results everything neg.. Anyways thanks for thanks for the support (^-^)

Hi, I am sorry to hear you are going through all this. People will not understand what fibro is.....dont expect them to. You know what it is and we do because we suffer. Have faith and you will get better. Love.

Than you for the advice, the best we can do is try to live are lives the best we can and accept this terrible illness.

I too went through a battery of tests blood work, cat scans and MRI's. Tested for lime disease twice both negative finally after going through my contact history I remembered my grandson being ill with fifth's disease so I had them test me for that and guess what I tested positive and in Adults you may not get a rash the tell tail sign just lots of joint and muscle pain. You cant tell when the child is contagious until they get a rash so you could be around a child and not know and contract it. Well needless to say I got it and it could take up to a year to leave the joints in mean time it triggered Fibro or so my rheum says. They don't always test for Human Parvo Virus B 19 Antibodies unless there is suspicion or pregnancy Knowing won't make the fibro or Parvo Virus go away in my case but it does help me understand why I feel so crappy.. I am not sure if they tested you for that might be something to look into. I also have low D back knee shoulder muscle and joint pain mind fog extreme exhaustion and body just painful to touch

I no the feeling when family members think your just lazy or you just want attention. This is real! we are all suffering and no one understands even some doctors think we are hypochondriacs. That is why this Forum is the best thing we can do for our self esteem, we can relate to everything that is being said. We can emotionally hep one another. Just no that you are not alone! Despite what your family may say, You are not lazy, you are not a hypochondriac, and you are not seeking attention! Anytime you feel upset or down in the dumps come here a talk to us. Big hug xxx

Jeez, if i had a dime for every time someone called me lazy, depressed, or unmotivated, i swear i'd be rich. Hearing all of that stuff always just made everything worse. try to remove yourself from those stressors as much as possible! it's so easy to get lost in that cycle. i ended up having to move away from my whole entire family to clear my mind, and it was then that i got diagnosed with fibro. i still feel crazy sometimes since i've been having more pain-free days lately as opposed to painful ones. i've been made to believe that i've been exaggerating my pain for years and because of it i bottled up all of my complaints and shut everyone out and learned to deal with the pain. but when i have a good day, i almost feel guilty - like i made everything up. coming here helps remind me that i'm doing better because im learning how to manage it now! we are not crazy, but there are things that can help! try to focus on those things, and once you have one good day, don't over do it! one good day can lead to many others.

Thank you for the support and replies <3 <3 <3 Im looking into getting another job soon and try continuing with my life best I could !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back