Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2014
Country
AU
State
Victoria
Hi all, hope you're well. I've just come back from the drs and he has confirmed that I have had persistent glandular fever for 10 months, which we have closely monitoredfor 10 months and will continue to monitor. Is there anyone one else in the same position as me? Consequently I was diagnosed with post viral fibromyalgia (even though the glandular fever is persistently still there)
I have tried everything from blood tests, supplements, vitamins, acupuncture etc but to no avail. I'm new to the world of forums. and have read many posts, and it seems tht unfortunately we have not come across the magical elixir.
Thanks for reading my post and I look forward to hearing about ur journey :)

kreol, im so sorry your having more issues thrown on top of fibro. the post viral fibromyalgia is from the glandular fever.
i found this on a doctor website when i looked up the (PVSFM). Those bordering on chronic fatigue syndrome or ME may occasionally show evidence of recent or past infection from blood tests, such as glandular fever or some other viral infection. that why the doc diagnosed you with that.
get the meds that work for you. all of us are different when it comes to meds so that why there is no magical meds for this. i hope this helps you. we are here for you.

Thanks cmetryme! As u wld understand it is a frustrating journey. My chiropractor is from Norway and she was telling me that fibromyalgia is treated as an auto immune disease, which is interesting. Unfortunately in Australia, we are not as medically advanced as other countries.

i agree on the advanced. my friend wants to take me to Germany and 3 other countries to see if his doctor friends can help with the metal thing.
i was diagnosed with severe Fibro. i never really knew why. in my research for this post i found that the symptoms can calm down after months or years.
mine never seem to calm down. its seems im always in a flare up. i believe that's why i was diagnosed that way. either way the it hurts like hell.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by metal? Like you my symptoms have not calmed down. Don't get me wrong, I have days which are better than some, but the pain is there to a degree. I read in another post that you suffer from lupus as well, that would be hell!
Germany sounds interesting. From my research it seems that Europe are more advanced and informed. its great being able to talk with s/one who understands completely. I look forward to finding out how things fare with Germany.

the metal thing please see my post under general discussion. called I need help to find treatment for my metal problem.

im working on getting my passport so i can travel. i dont want to leave the USA. im not the luckiest person and something always seems to happen to me.

i do understand and im here to help other folks understand. glad you found us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back