Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2013
Country
CA
State
AB
I have to say I know these companies do this but am still on Short term and only have 3 weeks left and they just stopped paying me... I am sitting here waiting to hear from the claims lady as she told me she had 5 days to read my doctors notes. ( orthopedic surgeon ) which I emailed to her on the 28th of April. She told me she just received it Tues May 5th.
My question is are they allowed to lie to you.
When I spoke to her she told ( I always write notes while talking to them ) that she was extending my short term till May 20th , then it would be up for long term..
But she now says she told me she just extended my STD claim for 2 weeks till she received my appt. information form Orthopedic surgeon. What the heck goes on with these people.
My husband says they just want to make a person suffer so they go back to work. I cannot go back to work so any advice here would be great!
I already feel like some kind of criminal for asking for there help even tho they have:-x been taking payments from me for years!
If any of you have gone thru this type of thing I would really like to hear from you and what happened eventually. Thanks so much.

my first question is did you already use your FMLA?

You do have so many weeks of short term disability (six months i believe) then you can go on long term disability.

if it is a work related injury then get your lawyer involved.

you decide when you go back to work! not work or your doctor. you tell your doctor the meds are not working and need to change meds, then you must continue on STD for 30 more days to see if the meds are working.

you should always extend your STD by 30 days not weeks. again you tell the doctor you need 30 more days if your not feeling better.

No med or treatment takes a week or 2 weeks to work. most are months before you see results.

If your not seeing results, tell the doctor "im not seeing results, i need my STD extended another 30 days".

when work calls you, tell them "you are extending the STD another 30 days". tell them nothing else.

Your medical stuff is personal and should not be discussed with anyone but your lawyer or doctors. take control of your treatment and the STD benefits.

the company/insurance does not want to pay and they will try to get you off the benefits as soon as possible.

good luck.

fyi they cant stop paying you! tell them you want a direct deposit in your account right away or you will have to get your lawyer involved.
there should be no laps in pay from short term to long term.

if they call you after that, tell them you are "recording this conversation for legal reasons and you are required to advise them of the recording".
they will hang up and have to talk to their lawyers before calling you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back