Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2015
Country
US
State
FL
I went to see a rheumatologist today and was actually diagnosed but he did not want to put it on my record yet since we still have to have the results from my HLA-B27 Antigen, SED Rate (ESR), Cyclic Citrullinated, Peptide (CCP) AB (IGG), C Reactive Protein and Rheumotoid Factor Blood to come back. But he started me on a 2 week regimen of predisone, he said that if I am getting better or having little to no pain then I would be more than likely diagnosed with one of the things he was testing for. But he said that he wishes that he still had student interns to let them come in to the exam room and see and speak with me since I was the classic Fibromyalgia patient. I presented with the text book Fibro claims not the ones that were drummed up from hearing about it online or reading too much and getting a medical diagnosis from google or web md.

I hope to god it is Fibro, even though this sucks to have been diagnosed with at 43 years of age it seems to be better than the latter of what I looked up for what all these tests might mean I have. But he said even though I have some of the other things I still have Fibromyalgia. He just did not want to put it in as a diagnosis code till we ruled everything else out.

Have any of you experienced the same thing? The Dr diagnosed it and gave you a printout for Fibro but would not put it in the chart until the other things it "could" be were ruled out. I am so confused, lol.
:?:

Hello Geigertwins. Fibro is different from other illnesses in many ways, even in how it is diagnosed. It is by ruling other things out rather than confirming it with a specific blood test. It also mimics other illnesses and overlaps them too
so I think your Dr is sure enough to tell you what he suspects and cautious enough that he is not going to diagnose you without confirmation.
Sounds like your on the right track to getting some answers... waiting is hard sometimes. There are a lot of good and supportive people here. Please let us know how it goes.
Sylvia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back