Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2016
Country
CA
State
ON
Is this even considered alternative medicine these days?

Anyone here have a 'script (or not) and use it to help w/ the symptoms related to fibro?

I have never been one to smoke it recreationally (or otherwise), but I am not naïve to the relief it can bring for others.

Anyone care to shed light/weigh in on pros/cons?

I've got a dispensary down the road...

I've been trying to research this as well.

And, I'm not too interested in smoking it, since I recently quit smoking and want no part of smoking anything. Maybe in food or some other medicinal product.

But, I really really believe that if a lot of this healing is going to be driven by "natural" means.. from the way we eat, to the vitamins and minerals we are adding to our day.... maybe this is something to explore as well......

I don't want to be "high" or have the effects that these heavy pain killers have. But, gosh it seems like it'd be a miracle that a little leaf could provide the "relief" we need....

Yeah-no real interest in smoking either. I popped into this place the other day just to see what it was all about. I have never bothered to read up on it in the past. Apparently 15m to get you set up as a member and then you can be buying. They have ice cream! ;-)

I don't feel good about this idea of being high/unable to function either, but I feel like if it can help it's much more natural option to some of the others.

I have been up since 4am (Canada) w/ nausea, sweating and a rattle in my tummy after taking my first Cymbalta. I know that these things take time to adjust to, but it's just another thing to have to deal w/ on top of an already chaotic time. Hate it.

I have never used marijuana before but am optimistic about its ability to help relieve fibromyalgia symptoms. However, I live in NYC and fibromyalgia patients don't qualify for medical marijuana. What can I do in this situation?

I was recently prescribed medical marijhuana in oil form. Can't say much for the taste, but it was the best decision I made. Like most of you I had mixed feelings but know a lot of people who are on it so I decided to apply for my mj card. I have to say for the first time in a long time I am experiencing no pain. It not only helps with fibro but also helps my IBS, and acid reflux. I am able to eat at mealtimes instead of being filled up on prescription meds that don't work, and able to get a good night's sleep with no night sweats, spasms or waking up. The imprtant thing... is to do plenty of self research and do what's right for you.

I have a prescription for it; I am lucky to live in a place where it is legal. I either use it in an oil tincture form or as an edible. I don't get much pain relief from it. However, I suffer from severe nausea, & it is wonderful for that. Also, I have great success with the balm. I use it on particularly painful places.

I live part time in one state and part time in another. Mostly because of my medical care is better in one state andostly because of my husbands work schedule. He travels alot. Anyways, in one state it is legal and yes I have used it. It honestly stopped my pain and i was remembering things and able to get things done. I cleaned out our guest room, folded weeks worth of clothes that I wasn't able to finish because of the pain, reorganized, and rearranged the room in one night! The next night I did the same thing with the master bedroom. It really helps. Regaurdless of how people see it, it helps the pain and I'm able to comfortably do things. If it's used for medical reasons to treat something ( in my case pain and memory ) I think it is one of the best medicines out there. I would choose medicinal cannabis over prescription pills any day. Regaurdless of my pain I hardly take prescription pain meds or muscle relaxers any more. Out of 270 pills prescribed to me for a 3 month period I have only taken 5 pills. I'm on month 4now. In the past 3 months I have smoked to help with the chronic pain which has allowed me to comfortably fall asleep and stay asleep actually resting and not waking up every few hours to put a fresh pack of ice on my shoulders or hips and take an ibuprofen. I stopped smoking 2ish weeks ago because I haven't been able to and have already gotten sick. Had a sinus infection, intense bone and joint pain, migraines, vomiting, etc. So in my opinion, medical cannabis is the way to go if your done taking medication and want an alternative medicine without the lasting effects that pills give you.

I got my medical marijuana card almost a year ago. I felt like I had nothing to lose, since my fibromyalgia had destroyed so much of my life already. I really feel a difference using the medical cannabis. I am more productive and less aware of my pain. So far, I have used various edibles, the balm, medical cannabis flowers, and vape cartridges. My favorite is the edibles!

The edibles are great because they can last up to 8 hours, but they take up to an hour to kick in. You do have to be careful how much you eat the first time too, or you end up extremely stoned. That is what happened to me. I got the taffy that was also gluten free (since I also have Celiac Disease), and they told me to cut it up into 10 small pieces (each was about the size of a skittle, if you balled them up). Just that one little skittle sized piece worked and then some! Another recommendation is to start with a small dose and then every hour eat a little more, so you figure out how much to eat the next time you take it. Also, different edibles have different amounts of cannabis in them, so it is important to check the labels to see how many milligrams are in each serving.

Smoking medical cannabis or using a vape pen can be great if you are in need of immediate pain relief. Yes, it isn't recommended to smoke it, because smoking isn't good for your health, but I eventually gave in and tried it. However, it really does help when my pain spikes and I need results now, not an hour later.

Also, each kind of flower strain helps with different ailments, so it is good to check which strains are recommended for your specific needs. I tend to use a Sativa during the day because on top of pain relief, it also helps to fight my fatigue, and keep me alert. At night, I use an Indica to help me relax, fall asleep, and (of course) relieve pain. Also, if I ate an edible an hour before bedtime (as apposed to smoking some before bed), it will last 8 hours instead of just a couple of hours, which means I could actually sleep through the whole night for a change!

I do want to note that smoking it and eating it has also helped with my nausea and my migraines too! Plus the balm, that I use, offers some relief when I rub it on my joints. It has a bit of a medicinal smell to it though. The balm also, to my surprise, helped my skin, where I had a mole removed, heal faster than normal and it prevented scarring (this is compared to other moles I have had removed and didn't use the cannabis balm).

Hope my experiences with medical cannabis helps answer some of your questions!

Cori - thank you for your post! I am seeing a doctor to obtain my medicinal cannabis card in a couple of weeks. I am at the end of my rope with my pain, CFS, IBS, and I have had it with taking narcotics chronically. I am really hoping that the cannabis will have the results that I have read about, including your post. I cannot even imagine feeling even HALF normal again. I have started to become extremely agitated all the time because of the constant pain and discomfort from IBS. Thanks again for your post. I hope I can get relief too. Sue

Nice thing about med mj is you don't have to smoke it and, you don't have to get high. And, it helps with fibro issues. Good luck to all of you who are trying it, hope you find some relief.

Hi,

My mother has been suffering from fibromyalgia most of her life. Her story is the same as many of other posts with same symptoms and same medical prescriptions. Cymbalta was the only thing that helped her.

I would like to know what strains work the best, especially anyone from Canada?

I want her to get a medical prescription so it is legal to take. Though I don't know if dispensaries will offer high CBD strains with low THC.

I read that these are the best strains:

Charlette's Web
Avidekel
Rafael
ACDC

Thanks

We're not allowed it here.but I tell you this,if I ever got to the point I couldn't get out of bed I'd buy the stuff and try it.im aware the stuff you have doesn't make u high.and I'd hate that .i do hope one day the uk will wake up and see one drug man made or not is as good or as bad as another .

use a vaporizer, it boils the herb and you inhale the vapor so it is easy on the lungs.

don't want to get high? use an indica. most are grown to make you high so if buying say you want a pure or close indica for pain. another strain is charlottes web that is extremely high in cbd, this strain is not psychoactive but helps with pain, the cbd helps. good for day, then maybe the indica at night. you can make or buy the oil. john

Constant pain and the lack of sleep finally drove me to try CDB oil. It took a little over 30 days to get the right dose for me. All I can say is it's awesome stuff. I had almost forgotten what it is like to sleep all night pain-free. I am using Charlotte's Web Premium Hemp Extract Supplement.

I used OTC NSAIDs for pain. I never graduated to prescription drugs. I can tell you that it took several weeks to get the effects of the NSAIDs out of my system. I think just getting NSAIDs out of my system made a big difference.

they have specific kinds that are high level cbd and that'd what you need... you can buy a vape pen ( with script) better then smoking the real stuff.. also have pure cbd oil in smoke shops you don't need a script to buy..... it seems to help, temp relief and doesn't get you high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back