Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
06/2015
Country
US
State
ca
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the group and got a formal diagnosis of Fibro from my Neurologist recently. Have had severe chronic fatigue for about 25 years, I am a 45 year old female. Been screened for just about every thing that could be causing my illness, always trying to find out what is wrong with me. Recently I was tested for several things including MS due to swollen feet.
PMDD, Hypoglycemia, IC, are other issues that I deal with, now I think it is all apart of the Fibro.

Wondering if anyone else feels like I do about getting a diagnosis of Fibro.....like there would be more understanding and respect if it were Relapsing Remitting MS? Similar symptoms but MS has more respect, it is more "real" because there are definite tests. It still does not feel real to me, i just wish that there was a definite test.

Also, do I really need a Rheumatologist I don't want drugs.

Hope that I am making sense, it is one of those brain fog days! :p

God Bless,
Kat

I get your saying.we all no how upsetting it is to have an illness that's not real in a lot of pls eyes.
And we always have to justify our illness.
The worse part is knowing MS or lupus is going to really hurt your body and even shorten your life , but somehow it's us who feel we got the short stick because of how ppl with fibro are treated. That very sad to have to feel that desperate .i hope soon one day they will find that gene or whatever it is and we will no longer feel we have to hide in the corner .

Hello,

yes, there is no real test for fibro. doctors have to rule out many things before giving a fibro diagnosis.

they have steps they need to follow or your insurance wont pay.

As most doctors dont do any of there own research they just go with the flow and that's all they know.

you say you don't want meds designed for fibro. so, are you saying your good with the pain?
you don't need any help? life is good?

The first step in getting relief is accepting that you have fibro.

Eventually you will need the meds to have a quality of life.

I have found that the RA's were of no help to me at all. they all referred me to a neurologist before i received the help i needed.

there is a process for getting the referrals and unfortunately they are part of the process the insurance companies have.

My main issue is fatigue and muscle weakness. I also have stiff muscles, and swollen joints, have found that Magnesium really helps. I am so sensitive to meds, either they sedate too much or give me anxiety attacks, I wish that I could find something that would really help, supplements have helped more then anything else!

I would like to try a grain free diet to see if it helps. From what I have read Fibro may be caused by inflammation and diet can help.

read up on Fatigue. it causes a lot of pain.

diet is helpful.

getting the bad stuff out of your body and putting in good things helps.

keep reading about fibro. alot has to do with how our brain processes the signals it receives.

read my post what is fibromyalgia to find out what it really is. there is a lot of studies and misinformation out there.

it all has to do with nerves and brain.

Hi Cmetryme, How would I locate the post?

go under general discussions i have moved them up front by placing reply in the thread.

you can also use the search at the top of screen and put in the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back