Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
ga
Hi there –

I was recently diagnosed with FM by my neurologist last week and am taking Cymbalta. I’ve had an appointment with my rheumatologist since then, and she isn’t so sure the diagnosis is entirely accurate. I was wondering if anybody could help me by sharing some of your personal experiences with FM.

I’ve had muscle weakness, fatigue, cramps and fasciculations over the past three months. I feel some pretty serious fatigue. It’s better on some days than others. It’s really fatigue over pain for me. My knees will sometimes hurt when I walk after a day of work and my muscles are tighter doing yoga and stretching than they used to be. I get cramps in my legs. I feel fascics in my upper arms and in my legs that come and go, but primarily in my legs. Different groups of muscles feel tighter and weaker than before. I do some very light weight work, but if I do too much or too many push ups, etc. I really feel it in my arms. Sometimes it’s fatigue, sometimes it feels like somebody gave me a knuckle punch in the arm. If I lean on a surface too long or lean a certain way, or hold in one place, sometimes my arms hurt and start to tire. My stamina is not what it was and I get weakness in my arms and wrists.

I’ve definitely had issues concentrating, so the mental aspects of FM could be valid. I was under quite a bit of stress for the last two years with a serious and terminal family health issue. All of this current health anxiety isn’t helping, I know. And then, a month ago, my ENT diagnosed me with dysphonia. (hoarse voice, voice box tightness)

I’ve had an EMG/NCV and it came back normal. My brain scan came back clean showing no lesions or anything like MS. I do have mild cervical stenosis, but it has been ruled out as to causing any of my issues.

What does your pain and fatigue feel like? Do you get cramps and fasciculations? Do you feel like your pain and fatigue progresses and gets worse over time? Also, has anybody ever had voice problems as a result of FM?

Thanks for your help, everybody! I feel like I’m at my wits end and just want to feel good again.

tcs71, wellcome to the forum. we all have those same things. see my post under general discussions "what is fibromyalgia" good information there.
start a dail log book to find your trigger and get the help you need. see my post starting a daily log book. start there. let us know how its goes.

Fibro can mimic so many illness that it sometimes take months or years to find out what you got.i take it all blood tests are clear.i have very painful arms and hands feet and cramps here and there.i can't do what I used to a few years ago .fibro can wax and wain. Some ppl just get worse. But most of us reach a point and seem to sit there for years

Hi forgetmenot -

Thanks! All of my blood tests have come back fine. Vitamin levels, autoimmune markers, all of that. So that is good. My wrists and ankles feel much weaker. They feel quite tired and the joints hurt. I didn't know if Fibro was something that could get progressively worse over time? It came on rather suddenly for me and I notice new little pains and fasciculations as the months progress. I hope it levels off or wanes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back