DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
CA
State
AB
Hello everyone,

I am 27 and was diagnosed in the last 6 months. My entire world has been flipped upside down. I was working as a hairdresser and waitress and had to quit working because of my illness. I have been out if work for about a year now and I am feeling so lost. My partner has been paying all the bills and trying his best to take care of me. I lost all my so called friends because I could no longer go out and party like they do anymore. I am feeling hopeless. This illness seems to have taken control of everything. I'm looking to hear from others. How have you guys gotten out of the fog of fibro and back into life?

Not bragging for sure, but I was told I had FM and that was in 1999, I was 61....don't know if I believe I do or not. I'm SURE thyroid has so much to do with the Fibro "stuff", I've never had the fog issue so just saying. I finally got on desiccated thyroid support a few yrs after being diagnosed....and been taking grape seed extract for 20 yrs soon. This is what I know FOR ME, and I use all supps for FM and OA and a mess hip replacement.

Do you know what brought on the FM in your body? Mine came on with an emotional trauma in July 1999. I remember it just like it was yesterday. I had already been taking grape seed ex 4 yrs prior. Sorry so many having such tough times. J

I left work throught this illness to. But I still do a full day. I have four kids ,well I say kids my older one is 19 tomorrow .but my two year old is on the go all day.
So I got a collie .his hard work but he give me a reason to go out walking twice aday,this has i beilive kept me out of bed.im a firm beiliver that getting into bed is the very worst thing u can do with fibro. But I stress that's just my opinion .and I hope to god I'm never proven wrong.
It's been bloody hard work but I'm slowly doing better. Yes I get days that wipe me out or leave me in pain, days where my skin hurts so bad Id reather be dead.
But you will one day learn to except the beast ,as except it you must.
Once you can do that your half way home. Then u learn to change the things you can and forget the things u can't.my grandma had a old saying
You can count your real friends on one hand. I don't have any real friends in LR .but I do have a good family .and I have my VF here who pick me up when I fell flat on my ass.x

Amen!
Take as much info you desire to learn. After being diagnosed with fibro, it opened Pandora S box, I dug deep, that's the kind of person I am, and found out not only do I have the symptoms, but because I have sensitivity to noise and sound, there may be some other wee quirks going on. This forum has been crucial, and I have opened up to my friends, only to find that if they don't have a immediate family member with it, they know someone who has it, so to me this is a wild ride, like ocean waves some symptoms come on like a huge, and take me by surprise, as I'm being pulled under current and at times whisked out to sea, I know there's someone else out there, that cares, mainly my friends.
This has caught my family off guard and there expectations of me unfulfilled.
There is absolutely nothing I can do about it, EXCEPT. .....to help myself, forgive others because they are clueless and some times selfish.
One of my favorite verses in the good book Is" when I am weak, HE is strong.

Hello CZMC

I just got diagnosed with Fibro this year after a year of testing and not know what it was. I still have to work full time and I also have a son who has plenty of health issues of his own and just found out he has another one we are dealing with. I have really bad days and then somedays are not so bad. Today is a bad day but I just pray that god gets me through what ever i need to do to get through the day. My boss is great he understands what I have and the things that I need to help me get through this. I have decided to try and not let this run my life and let me run my life.

For you not having friends because you don't party anymore then you really do find out who your true friends are and they are the ones who stand by you and undersstand what you are going through. I have a friend who actulaly does reseach on this for me and sends me whatever she finds for me to read or watch it is great to have a friend like her in my lfe.

Sounds like you have someone special in your life that cares for you and is standing by your side god bless both of you. You will get through this one day at a time and you can Friend me if you need to chat at any time. Just take one day at a time and you will have some bright days ahead of you soon :)

God bless and pray you find the strength to not let this terrible thing run your life and you take back your life for you even though we will have bad days there are some good days.

:)

Unfortunately, I have not found the light yet. I completely understand about life being upside down and sucky. I was a very successful Soldier. I rose through the ranks rather quickly and achieved what only 1% of the Army can. Just as I have really started on the career that I worked so hard for, I have to say good bye.
Now that I have accepted this, I am angry and determined to put dealing with this the center of my focus.....everything takes more energy than I can give, but I know I need to live. Yoga, acupuncture, alternative therapy here I come! I will become a tree hugging hippie person if that is what it takes to find relief, because the medication is not really a sound alternative. The side effects, I can already see very early and cannot deal with them on top of feeling like crap most days out of the week.

recently diagnosed with fibro im in pain most of the time now and feel i have no one who understands i do work but its gettin hard to carry on . im just hoping this is a flare up and will ease off soon .

I also am a hairstylist and I also have been diagnosed within the last 6 months. I'm having a hard time finding a balance in my daily life between work and home.

Frustrated because I want to talk about it but I feel like I'm just going to come off as negative all the time. I've always been an active happy person until I developed fm. IM still learning so much as for I've only had it for 6 months and it's just started to settle in now the reality of coping with it every day.

I don't want to accept the fact that I'm not able to do over half the things I was able to do physically a few years ago. I'm only 23 years old.

I wake up crying some days because I know how hard it's going to be for me to go to work and have to come home and do house work too. Everyone always tells me to think and stay positive and push through it, which most days i do, other days I don't, bscsuse I just physically and mentally can't.

If we push ourselves over our limits, most likely we will feel 100x worse and possibly develop a flare up which in my case I get a lot of them!

How do people expect us to be positive 24/7 when we are in pain 24/7! Along with the pain comes depression,anxiety snd stress and everything else in between..but yet people still expect us to be positive and "push through it" .

I feel like I can really relate to you, I want to take a leave of work but I don't know how

I just got diagnosed,probably have it for 4 years,maybe always and it just worsened.Dont know what caused it.What I do know is I have my ok days and my awful days,through years of depression I have learned to cope with certain things and not let it beat me.I drive one hour to work every day to a job I hate with a boss I want to slap in the face.But you know what I haven't and won't let it beat me.I need to work any way to pay for the extraordinarite amount of tablets I have to take...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back