Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
North Carolina
I've had polyarticular rheumatoid arthritis since I was about 17 months old (15 now); finally in remission as of late 2015, but I still have chronic pain, fatigue, headaches all the time and some other symptoms. At my last rheumatology appointment just a few days ago, my doctor said she believes I have fibro but is sending us to a diagnostic clinic in the general area to do some more detailed testing to confirm it/check for other causes. So, not officially diagnosed quite yet but my doctors, my family and I all think fibro seems to fit.

I honestly feel a lot better now that I have some idea of what's going on. I feel very overwhelmed, frustrated and not sure how to deal with these problems, but none of it is new - I've been struggling with this for years, the only thing that's changed is the cause. It feels better than not knowing, though. I was starting to feel like maybe it was all in my head and I feel rather comforted by knowing that something is going on.

Hi there, welcome to the forum! You are 15 years old? You must be one of the youngest members we have. I'm glad to hear you have found a doctor who takes you very seriously and has referred you to a clinic where they will work to rule out other issues, and possibly diagnose you with fibro. Please let us know how everything goes. I've always believed it is better to have clear diagnosis than living in doubt. I hope you can find your answers soon. Best of luck with everything!

Hi, welcome to the forum, and congratulations on being in remission with your RA. I hope that lasts. It's not unusual to have Fibromyalgia and some sort of co-occurring Arthritis, as well as other issues. It's great that your doctor listened about your other symptoms and is referring you for additional testing. I would imagine from what you've been going through and the fact that you've been in treatment, that you have a supportive family or other support system, which as we all know, can be very helpful in these circumstances. Good luck with the additional testing, and I hope you keep us updated on your progress.

Sometimes it is true to think that ignorance is bliss. One wishes that not knowing that one has fibromyalgia would enable them handle the situation much better one episode at a time and one day at a time. Sometimes I tend to be judgemental in retrospect because one should not view the fact that they have been diagnosed with FM to be a death sentence. The positive news is that one is at a better position than when they were in the dark. Best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back