Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2013
Country
EU
State
Earth
I just noticed that I never posted here even though I have been on this forum for a while now.

I am Denise, 39 years old, lived with mental illness my whole life. Especially severe social anxiety has made life very very very difficult. I grew up knowing 'normal' things like relationships, marriage, kids, the house with the picket fence etc. would not happen in my life.

In 2013 my life turned upside down. I was working full-time at what I thought was my dream job. I had two failed surgeries for my herniated discs in my neck, intense stress at work (so bad that I was diagnosed with PTSD), months of sick leave, being let go from work, my fight for my severance package, fighting for my basic human rights etc. Plus pain and fatigue made my life a living hell. I was also diagnosed with fibromyalgia.

In 2014, after months at home living the life of the recluse, slowly the very dark clouds were lifting off. On my first day back among people, volunteering at an animal shelter, I fell and dislocated my shoulder + broke my leg. Nerve damage, frozen shoulder afterwards....Back to square one....

Animals and nature make me happy. I take care of many stray animals - do my best to save their lives, feed their bellies and most importantly give them love. I decided making cats purr and dogs' tail wag is my calling in life :)))) Because I love all animals and nature with all my soul, I am passionate about trying to lead a cruelty-free lifestyle as well.

Ah Hi Denise i always think of you as Vicky..it will take me a while to rename you in my mind..your story touched me...while we are different and individuals i feel we have some experiences or how experiences have made us feel in common..thanks for sharing..i'm so glad you have your furry friends to comfort you and give you purpose.

Its brave you pushed yourself to go and work in a shelter with social anxiety and after such a raw deal at work and all the pain and suffering both emotional and physical.

You sound like a lovely lady..i wish people were more accepting of individuals who dont always fit the mould so to speak. I like individuality and admire people who overcome adversity or make progress when none of it comes easily.

Progress with fibro is getting up and fighting another day and taking care of your animals so lovingly.

IT's a bit late but welcome LOL. :)

Hi Denise. Like willow, I always think of you as Vicky lol. Well done you for picking yourself up after such a tough time & not letting things get to you. Did you return to working in the animal shelter? I love animals too, much more rewarding & appreciative than working with people! I had someone on the phone at work today moaning about how their knee pain was unbearable, how they've had to take a week off work and that their GP has prescribed REALLY strong painkillers (300mg) lol, I take far more than that & still manage to make it into work 5 days a week & look after 2 kids, keep on top of housework etc. It's hard sometimes hearing people complain when really they don't know what proper pain is!

I volunteered to look after my sisters pup when they're on holiday for 3 weeks and am so looking forward to it, she's a great dog and great company, not grumpy like my husband lol. Dogs are great for keeping you active even when you don't really feel like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back