Status
Not open for further replies.
I explain FM to friends and family this way. A healthy person is a kind of fully charged battery. They do whatever all day long and get recharged automatically by eating food and sleeping. A person with FM has only 1% of a normal charge in their battery and it never charges back to more than 1%. Pick the number that applies to you. I was a 1% battery for more than a year. Now I'm like 20%. Sometimes.

I'm having to lay down every afternoon.its driving me mad.i can't sleep .i just lay there feeling dead.

It can feel like you are dying or dead. It can also get enough better that you can have a life again. Probably not the one you had before but a life nevertheless. Try things. A hot shower before bed can make sleep start and last. Some magnesium can make you fall asleep. Tryptophan can too. There's a product called Enzymatic Revitalization Sleep Formula that can help. Tylenol PM helps. Gabapentin helps. I have tried all these. I don't stick with just one because I fear that would lead to not being able to sleep without it. The thing I do every night is toast myself under an electric blanket just before going to sleep. You have to turn it down just before you go to sleep though. And lastly, it helps to wear socks. Cold feet will make falling asleep take a long time. I suggest you read Dr Teitlebaum's book called "Fatigued to Fantastic". Sleep problems aren't the only problem. You need to work with on cell health.

I too have just added the Le-Vel Thrive products and feel that it has made quite a difference in the amount of energy, decrease in overall discomfort and just how good I feel. Would recommend anyone giving it a try. I am also on Cymbalta and Flexeril for the fibro but have resisted opoids so far.

pace yourself - that's what people tell me but that's easier said then done.

I found taking gabapentin and tramadol myself was to much medication for me, I use to feel like I was drugged up all the time and found it hard to function, I stopped taking all meds for couple weeks, felt sane again and now I only take meds can I have over worked my body,

My doctor told me fibro is so hard to medicate as nerves send messages to our brains in a totally different way,

For example - I have badly pulled a muscle in my arm was told by doctor to take very strong medication which I am but nothing is making the terrible pain go away as my nerves are not communicating with my brain properly.

Hi Martha,

I use to be the energizer bunny, but now my battery is running around 30-40 percent.

I also get short of breath if I climb stairs or do something fast.Just not enough O2
circulating.

I don't know if you experience that too?

Sagey

* sometimes I find myself lying on the couch or in bed and thinking to myself that I am too tired even to lie there! Does that make any sense to anyone here?
I have to laugh at myself for thinking that................but that is truly how it feels.

YES Absolutely I feel that way sometimes! It is so awful that I almost laugh because there is just no way to get anything done at all with that kind of fatigue. Sometimes I feel so tired that even lying down feels tiring. YES! Usually I have not been taking some of my supplements when things get this bad: Fibromalic, Vit D, Q best 100, multi-vitamin and more. I just get so sick of taking all these pills all the time that sometimes I stop wondering if they are helping? Then I will get the fatigue I just mentioned. Trouble is, I usually pop all these supplements at once so I never exactly know which one is doing what.....

I like this explanation! Yes I am never fully charged even though I sleep up to 12 hours a night. I wake up tired! Sheesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back