Not open for further replies.

mariposa

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
PA
That subject line was kind of awkwardly stated. :-D What I wanted to say is that to anyone having to endure especially horrid pain because of this rainy, gloomy, and dreary week, I am sending positive thoughts your way.

Between the rain and storms happening across the US, and tornadic activity in many parts of the country, I know that there's a huge pain issue for those with Fibro. If you're not in the US, is your weather any better?

*Is* this weather causing you more severe pain? :confused:

Thanks! You too <3. I'm a hop skip and a jump to the other side of the state from you :). So I know, it's been like that here too.

I'm rather dismayed. I LOVE the rain. Like, one of my favorite things is to stand outside when it's hot out and raining with no shoes on and just play around. However, since the fibro appeared literally the day I started to taper off of the medication I was on, I've discovered that rain causes quite a bit of pain for me. It's not quite severe for me, I'd say, but it's painful (well, duh lol) and ANNOYING. Sigh :(.

I'm rather dismayed. I LOVE the rain. Like, one of my favorite things is to stand outside when it's hot out and raining with no shoes on and just play around. However, since the fibro appeared literally the day I started to taper off of the medication I was on, I've discovered that rain causes quite a bit of pain for me. It's not quite severe for me, I'd say, but it's painful (well, duh lol) and ANNOYING. Sigh :(.

I love rain, too... I always have. Those "rainy days and Mondays" that others always seem to hate are my very favorite days of all.

I'm sorry to hear that you experience deeper pain when the weather is so gloomy. I'm here (in the forum) to help a few friends with fibro and severe pain issues and don't have it myself... but I do feel achy when the weather is unsettled. Often it strikes me that if I feel like that just because it's raining, how much more horrible must it be for someone dealing with fibro. :sad:

I hope you're getting this same sunshine I'm seeing at the moment, and the heat, because it's climbing to 90 today... hope you're outside with your feet bare today!

It's toasty here, indeed! I plan on going for a nice walk after I do some homework. I have no intentions of letting this thing limit my life at all or force me on a bunch of drugs. Luckily, my boyfriend is very supportive and helpful. He pushes me, but in an encouraging way. If I really can't do something, he gets it, but he wants as well as I want me to try before assuming something will hurt too much or something. I am trying hard to view this as a challenge rather than a "why the hell did I get this? What's wrong with me?" way. So far, I've had my fair share of both views.... I'm working on it.

Here in southern Indiana it is kind of cool and been raining off an on causing me to have fibro flares of aches in my right hand. Feels like at times I have a knife sticking in my hand.

Thanks for your positive thoughts! Here in Greece we have temperatures of around 30 degrees C which makes all the difference for me. Rainy, damp weather really affects the pain I have in a negative way. Wish you all a good, quiet day!

I hate rain and cold because it makes me miserable, living in Minnesota with Fibro sucks! So yes it's been a rough couple weeks actually :-(

Knowing what I know about the weather in Minnesota, I certainly see what you mean, Broken Cowgirl... especially through the cold months, I'd think. We're having another rainy/cloudy one here today, but I'm hoping for some bright sunshine over the weekend. (Hoping for it... I haven't checked the forecast yet.) :)

How's Greece today, miek? Sunny, bright, and feel-good weather?

I am glad to know that others feel the weather as I do. The bad weather makes me miserable. I don't want to mind it but it makes me ache. Friday I was downtown at a street dance and each little rain cloud that went over affected me at a different point. The first one dropped me to the ground at the knee. Then the hips went out. One made my head feel like it was splitting open. Some make me feel cold and achy. I never put two and two together before that why I could feel so different from one moment to the next.

:-( I'm sorry you're having to go through this, MassageGnome... and what a horrible outing on Friday!

Yes, weather can affect pain in many different ways. I know people who have trouble with migraines when there's a low pressure system, so those rainy and stormy days are huge problems. It's very rainy here today and a few days ago we had the remnants of Hurricane Andrea pass close-by. My friends with fibro and chronic pain are not having a good few days at all.

I hope you're feeling better today!

Thanks mariposa. I ended up in E.R. for steroids. My throat swelled shut from all the mold the rain made. Sheesh, when "it rains it pours" I guess.

:-(
that subject line was kind of awkwardly stated. :-d what i wanted to say is that to anyone having to endure especially horrid pain because of this rainy, gloomy, and dreary week, i am sending positive thoughts your way.

Between the rain and storms happening across the us, and tornadic activity in many parts of the country, i know that there's a huge pain issue for those with fibro. If you're not in the us, is your weather any better?

*is* this weather causing you more severe pain? :confused:

:-|

Without any words said, your emoticons say it all, saved4sure7... I'm sorry that you're not having a good day and sincerely hope that it gets more manageable for you very soon! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back