Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Nebraska
I'm new here but really struggling what to do with my life.

I was diagnosed with fibro in appx 2011, although I suspect I had it much longer, at that time I had worked as a medical Transcriptionist for 11 years. Finally I had to quit due to pain in 2012. After that I went back to get my Bachelors degree I healthcare management while also working in retail, which was very hard on me. I honestly don't want to go back to healthcare with all the changes made in the last 6 years since I left. While working these jobs and going to student I felt tired and sore all the time, and didn't give my son enough attention on really bad days. I'm not working now, don't qualify for disability, but feel my life needs SOMETHING that includes a balance of work while still being able to be part of my sons life (he is 12 now so doesn't need me as much as he did when this all started).

I love doing my own nails and before I quit my job, loved having someone else do them for me. I'm considering going to school for a nail tech, then eventually opening a nail shop where I can set my own hours. I just don't know if I can do this with fibromyalgia fatigue, aches, and pains. Thoughts......on this or any other jobs/careers for fibro sufferers.

Thank you! A. Rose

hi ya :) its difficult to find something that you can do with fibro but I believe a lot of it is if you want it, go for it :) Iv had fibro since I was 11 and decided that I wanted to be hairdresser. I went to college , fought through the pain and did it.it is awful standing and the pressure on your back but I love it and cant imagine doing anything else. iv been a qualified nail tech for 7 years and its a great job . I opened a home salon and I work around my girls and around my pain and its amazing. I don't have to answer to bosses and If I hurt I slow down so I really recommend it. college is tricky with nails , I really recommend a home learning course for nails so you can work around the kids and around your pain and there is no time limit :) I went with essential nails in uk and I cant recommend them enough :) its a great job , so rewarding and creative and you can work when you feel up to it :) hope this helps , go for it :)

Go for it if you want to do that. The only thing I would say is that of course as a nail tech you have to work with a lot of people, and they want a lot of your attention and energy and talking and listening and so on. If you are an extrovert, and gain energy from being around other people and talking and so on, it would be good for you. If being around people and talking a lot drains your energy, it would not be good for you. Just something to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back