MizzDeeDee

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
01/2009
Country
US
State
Va
Does anyone else have an issue like this with their hands and feet? It's either two extremes. Either my feet will be so cold that I'll put them in hot water and they'll literally turn purple, or they're so hot that they hurt and I have to take off my socks.

I haven't had as much issues with my hands, but I've certainly had some issues. Just the other day, my left hand just started burning for no reason. It eventually went away, but it literally burned for like ten minutes of so.

To be honest, I'm a little concerned that it might be Reynaud's (hopefully just the phenomenon). Has anyone had this experience with fibro too?

my hands freeze like they have been frost bitten. and then they are painful when they feel as if they are thawing out. I don't know if it's a symptom of fibro or not. my feet are always cold, as is my body, but not in the same way as my hands.

There is a condition that is called Raynads Syndrome. It causes cold fingers and toes. If your hands or feet get cold they will turn colors like red and blue, and it seems the blood supply is blocked, then released and then they hurt like crazy. I have it with my hands and feet. It helps to wear light cotton gloves on your hands at night and wear socks at all times. Try laying an extra blanket over your feet at night to keep them extra warm. It really helps to stop the cold feeling and pain.

Do research online about it and see if the symptoms match yours and get some added tips on management of the condition. Good Luck! :)

There is a condition that is called Raynads Syndrome. It causes cold fingers and toes. If your hands or feet get cold they will turn colors like red and blue, and it seems the blood supply is blocked, then released and then they hurt like crazy. I have it with my hands and feet. It helps to wear light cotton gloves on your hands at night and wear socks at all times. Try laying an extra blanket over your feet at night to keep them extra warm. It really helps to stop the cold feeling and pain.

Do research online about it and see if the symptoms match yours and get some added tips on management of the condition. Good Luck! :)

Thank you! This is exactly what I'm worried about having, actually. My aunt had it and one of my cousins does as well. I think I'm going to have to invest in thermal socks of some sort. During the winter, I've been known to wear two pair of socks and I still have problems. Very frustrating!

I'm going to look it up as you suggested on management of symptoms. Again, thanks for your help! I appreciate it!

Thermal or wool socks would be good. Try to get socks like hikers wear that whisk away the moisture from your feet and help keep your feet dry. The gloves really help as well. It may seem a bit funny feeling at first but when your hands improve it will be worth it. I used the old cotton gloves I used to pull on nylons with and they worked well. You can also get gloves without finger tips so they don't interfere with other things your doing.

There is not a lot that can be done other than keeping warm. But it does seem to cycle in and out like the symptoms of fibro, so you might be able to use things then stop for a bit when things improve. Knee socks in the winter time can help guard against leg and knee pain, plus give you added strength in your legs. :)

I was actually told i had raynalds, but I don't necessarily get the red hands, although they turn a little blue. yes,1sweed, I never know when my hands are going to start freezing. it happened a lot when I was working. I blamed it on stress. since I'm no longer working, it doesn't happen as much. I do wear socks a lot and I find my robe very warm and comfortable.

I also suffer from cold feet and hands, not sure about burning feet and hands, I think that would be too much for me to handle! What really works for me is to wear my socks all the time, I also keep my gloves on during thw whole winter season. I only remove them when I have to cook. Do you suffer from skin sensibility as well?

I also suffer from cold feet and hands, not sure about burning feet and hands, I think that would be too much for me to handle! What really works for me is to wear my socks all the time, I also keep my gloves on during thw whole winter season. I only remove them when I have to cook. Do you suffer from skin sensibility as well?

I'm not sure what you mean by a skin sensitivity. I have allergies and so in an eczema sort of way, yes. I also get very dry skin too. My skin is also commonly itchy.

When I first became ill, I used to have an issue where if I rubbed up against something that my skin would literally crawl. It was actually a bit disturbing. Thankfully, that particular symptom disappeared a lot over time. I assume it was because of the deep tissue massages I got for fibro. Kind of a desensitizing sort of thing.

Hi There,

I have also been experiencing burning sensations in my arms, fingers and feet.

I'm currently going through the same thing. It's maddening. My understanding is Raynaud's syndrom is pretty common for Fibro sufferers. Right now, it's my hands and feet that are always cold. I need to stay outside in 80 degree weather for about 30 minutes before they really warm up. With the myriad of symptoms i'm going through right now, I'm not even sure which is more aggravating. lol

I never realized this could be part of fibro problem until recently. If my hands get exposed to cold weather or water they burn like they are on fire! It doesn't have to be freezing cold, just cold. Also my feet do the same things. In the winter I wear 2 layers of socks and very warm boots, but even with all that there have been times when all of the sudden I cannot feel my toes! Weird sensation. I do not have these problems in the summer months (except the hands in cold water)

My fingers and toes can't seem to handle any type of cold weather either, which isn't great, living through Canadian winters. I can't be outside for more than 5 minutes before I can't feel my toes or fingers, and no amount of extra socks or boots or gloves can help. Even at my desk job, I wear fingerless gloves (keeping my wrists warm seems to help) and covered shoes, since the A/C blasts all year round!
I always just chalked it up to poor circulation. I think I still do. Don't think I'm extreme enough for Raynaud's... My rheumatologist never mentioned it, anyways.

I'm not sure what you mean by a skin sensitivity. I have allergies and so in an eczema sort of way, yes. I also get very dry skin too. My skin is also commonly itchy.

When I first became ill, I used to have an issue where if I rubbed up against something that my skin would literally crawl. It was actually a bit disturbing. Thankfully, that particular symptom disappeared a lot over time. I assume it was because of the deep tissue massages I got for fibro. Kind of a desensitizing sort of thing.

Hi, sorry I wasn't very clear. I was referring to the ''skin sensibility'' that a lot people over here have been reporting. It happens a lot in the thighs and calves area, it feels like your skin hurts very bad, but it has nothing to do with the surface of the skin, it's way beyond that. It's like that whole zone really hurts! You can't even press that zone, because it's extremely painful, the surface of the skin looks normal, but something under it really isn't. I'm guessing it's a nerves thing.

Hi, sorry I wasn't very clear. I was referring to the ''skin sensibility'' that a lot people over here have been reporting. It happens a lot in the thighs and calves area, it feels like your skin hurts very bad, but it has nothing to do with the surface of the skin, it's way beyond that. It's like that whole zone really hurts! You can't even press that zone, because it's extremely painful, the surface of the skin looks normal, but something under it really isn't. I'm guessing it's a nerves thing.

Oh, you're fine. I just didn't know exactly what you meant. I don't know if this is something I have or not. There are certainly places on my body, upper thighs included, that are just tender all around. My midsection is like that too sometimes. It's so very bizarre.

I also experience something similar, but with mine it's like my hands go numb or to sleep and they sting/burn/feel extremely cold as they are trying to "wake up". It effects the activities I am able to do - like driving, eating, holding the phone... It is just plain miserable and there is no way of knowing when it will happen and I certainly have not found a way to make it better or I would have started by sharing that! This stuff is just crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back