DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2007
Country
US
State
NJ
Hello,

I've been having a fibro flare up recently, so I thought that I would join the discussion.

I've had fibromyalgia since 2007 or so. I have to admit that it's been so long that I don't remember exactly.

I changed jobs, and have been feeling pretty good, so I haven't been to the rheumatologist's for a couple of years. I tried to make an appointment at a big practice, but they moved their fibro patients to their Rehab Medicine department. Wasn't comfortable with that, so I made an appointment at my old doc's.

So, question: What is your opinion about fibro patients being moved to Rehab Medicine?

Gina

Seems like there are two broad camps in fibromyalgia now and a lot of rheumatologists don't want to deal with us anymore because we aren't easy to treat. I am in Canada and am encountering this. I have called an Immunologist and spoken to them and they are taking fibromyalgia patients on. Otherwise, we're just referred to pain clinics as if that is really getting at some of the underlying issues at all...

I'm a recovering drug addict for twenty years and recovering alcoholic of twenty-six years and can't see any benefit to rehab for fibro. But even though I've had this coming on for years I'm still new to being diagnosed and knowing what's really happening.

Thank you for your replies. :)

I think that's it--they just decided that we're too much work. Or maybe they don't know what to do with us.

I'm planning on going to the doctor that I know. If my IBS symptoms get worse, I'll go see a GI doc. Maybe that's the only way to treat fibro. I guess that makes sense. It's just really inconvenient. LOL :-D

Gina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back