Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
ID
I had my long awaited visit with a rheumatologist today and I was positive she was going to say fibromyalgia. Instead, she said she was confident it was spondyloarthropathy and sent me for some further tests to confirm.

I hope I can continue to check in with this group, despite a different diagnosis than I expected. It seems like our illnesses are still very much the same in many ways.

Thanks to those who have answered my questions over just the last few weeks I've been here. I've found this to be a very supportive group.

Sounds like a painful disorder, but at least it's not Fibro! Seems to be more localized to the back??? I just went to a semi famous pain dr. for a follow up after my diagnosis and he said Fibro was a bullshit diagnosis (even though he has it listed in his book). I'm getting bunch of blood work done when i thought it was finally done with all of that! So congrats i guess on getting a solid diagnosis (as ****ed up as that sounds lol).

Also seems to be very rare... what are.symptoms??

Basically mine are the same as fibromyalgia, to be honest. Some of the symptoms didn't quite fit, though, like swollen fingers and toes. I asked why she said one over the other and she said that fibromyalgia was a diagnosis of exclusion. Since there was a diagnoseable option that fit slightly better, she went with that. And yes, I do have a lot of back pain.

Thanks LornE1982 for sharing with up your results. The condition is quite a mouthful though to pronounce and my sincere hopes is that it is less involving to cope with. Perhaps you should have given us an overview of its prognosis since it might help someone else who is in a similar situation since fibromyalgia is a syndrome and misdiagnosis as well as missed diagnosis are common occurrences. Hope you will continue with us in furtherance of this worthy cause against FM. Best regards.

Sure. I didn't give a prognosis earlier because I hadn't had time to fully research it myself to summarize adequately. From what I understand, it's anyone's guess as to the outcome. She has had patients who are on medication long-term and others who are on it short term, but she seemed optimistic based on my age (early 30's) and overall health. Apparently, FM and spondyloarthropathys can occur together so it's not entirely off the table just because something else fit better. I hope that helps somewhat. I'm still trying to process all the information. I was very well read on FM so this one threw me.

Well, I am glad you got the right diagnosis after all :) Fibro is one of the most misdiagnosis disorders, because there are so many different diseases that show similar symptoms, so it's hard. Glad you found out the true, and yes we are a supportive group :) Feel free to keep on participating! Anyone with chronic pain can participate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back