Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
So I had my stress test yesterday and I can say in all honesty that I did not enjoy it. I wasn't able to walk on the treadmill so they had me lay on a table, inserted an IV into the back of my hand which took them 8 tries before they finally got it in. Also they made me lay on my left side which is the shoulder I had replaced so that was uncomfortable, then they proceeded to use some type of wand to do what appeared to be a sonogram. I am a large breasted woman (I know TMI) and they shoved that wand into my rib cage as hard as they could and started moving it around. Of course as you all know with fibro we are very tender every where. He was nice about it but the doctor was joking that I was really making him work for his money because I was so large breasted and he was finding it difficult to get to the spot he needed to be in because my breast was in the way. They kept inserting different fluids into the IV to increase my heart rate and every time they did that it started to burn. I went to the store afterwards to pick up a prescription and everybody at the pharmacy knows me by name since I am there so often and one of the pharmacists asked me if I had had surgery that morning because both of my hands were bandaged, I still had on my wrist band because they didn't cut it off at the hospital and i had a band aid on each arm where they tried to get the IV in. I won't know the results for about a week and all I can say is I hope they come back normal because if they don't I will have to see a cardiologist to have a heart cath done and I sure am not looking forward to having that done.

Wow ! THATS QUITE THE PROCEDURE. I. HAD A STRESS TEST DONE ALSO, THEY INJECTED ME WITH SOME CHEMO STUFF THAT Showed my heart valves etc. Turned out fine.
My was a nucular heart test.
So how did your test turn. Out?

Just got a call from my PCP's office telling me that my stress test turned out normal. Thank God for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back