Back on tramadol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the support! This is so hard to deal with ,pain,crying,my husband is tired of hearing me wine .
I try to stay positive so forgive me for whining . How are you feeling and dealing with this disease ?

It is often hard to stay positive with this condition..i too an finding it hard to find any meds that help the pain and muscle weakness..it does and can cause all sorts of relationship problems..we try so hard and our partners do their best but dont get it or get fed up and we can feel resentment creep in.

Try to make the best of any good hours lol or even minutes..when there are none i curl up with my hwbs and daydream of better days or remember the past wonderful times pre fibro and be grateful at least i had them...then i come back to reality and have to keep fighting.

I have never heard of vantrela ..i know some people on here have found success with tramadol.

oh i just looked its hydrocone..we don't have this in the UK or if we do i dont think its readily prescribed for fibromyalgia.

I find tramadol works better with paracetamol.but of course you need to ask your dr first

I find tramadol works better with paracetamol.but of course you need to ask your dr first

It is the same with me. I take my 100 mg slow release tramadol in the morning and during the day up to 800 mg of paracetamol on a bad day. I know paracetamol is said not to help with fibro pain, but it does give me some relief. Pain is never gone, but the combination helps release its sharpest edges.

Yes I sometimes need tramadol morning and night.and paracetamol do really helps.

But being on the Medications changed me, in so many ways. As much as it helps my pain, it has become a major addiction that i can't control. It had caused me to become depressed and selfish and make bad life choices for my family. I want off the meds so bad but i need to find alternative treatments. Im currently taking 180 tramadol and 160 percocet each month. I Also take Cymbalta and gabapentin. The meds are making my life miserable.

Hi Desi...I am new here today because it is so hard to find a good support forum online. I was on Tramadol for years and one day I had two seizures. The second time they put me in the hospital for 4 days and after all of the tests that were done on me, they told me the Ultram is the culprit so I stopped that it shortly after that and it's been around 5 years off Ultram and no seizures since.

Hi Forgetmenot,

I'm glad that you have something that works for u, even though u don't like taking them.

Like u said, at least you know how the med works and it's side effects. And if you only take them when you need them then that's fine.

It must be hard to have a young child and have the Fibro.Im sure she's active and to keep up with her must be a struggle.I hope you have some better days and this is a flare that will pass.So you can take care of your little one.

Feel better,

Sagey

Aww ty Sargey sweetheart x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back