Back on tramadol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stopped taking tramadol because even though I was only taking four a day.i was getting withdrawal if I missed it.
But I can't cope with the pain without them. They really do give me a life back.i only take two in the morning and two at night.the plan is to up the gabby.and keep the tram on a low dose.
I hope that when the tram don't work ,I no I can up it .as I'm not taking a lot.i truly can't keep up with my kids without them.they are a life saver for me.

I know Ive asked this before Forgetmenot but cant remember the answer except you said you got side affects i think. Sorry to ask again.

Does Tramadol relieve your pain more then the strongest cocodamol 30/500 ( if you've ever had that strength cocodamol)?

Yes willow.i can take paracetamol with the tramadol .and they will work faster.i still need gabbpentin ,but they help so much.

Hello people,my name is Eileen & I have been ill for 2 years. I take tramadol, Cymbalta ,& Lyrica 2 x a day. If for some reason I don't take one of these pills my body seems to go into withdrawal and it puts me in bed for weeks at a time what the hell. When everything is taken properly I feel pretty decent except for depression when I'm alone all the time it's scary. I have no sense of urgency anymore I don't get anything done I love the paint but I have project started that I haven't finished it's really pretty pathetic . What's going to happen to me when I want to get off of some of his pills do I go to a drug rehab because it really makes me ill. This has change my whole life but not for the better. I listen to tapes on YouTube that help you stop procrastinating I fall asleep LOL. I've tried all kinds of things to try to flush this out of my body nothing works so my next idea is try a hypnotist to talk me into getting up out of bed and to give me back my sense of urgency OMG . I don't laugh at this problem I'll be crying for days .😜

Has anyone been on an opiate for just pain instead of all these other pills ?

Hi sweetie,will u can come off them but one pill at a time.and slowly.u must do this with your dr.i had one pill a week taken off for a few weeks.then one more. It's a long slow job.i did find replacing my tramadol with gabbpentin really helped.cymbalta I have been told is a really tough ***** of a pill.so it maybe that that's making u feel crappy.its hard to say.
Im now on gabbpentin and tramadol.and I feel ok.dont ever be surprised if u come off the pills to find u can't cope with the pain and end up on something else.
The best thing I have found to help me think and feel again was walking.ive been where u are ,I no how hard this is.sometimes u need to grit your teeth and demand your life back from yourself.but baby steps darling.baby steps

Tramadol works well for me, but my pain doc won't prescribe it. After being out of work for a year and in the middle of applying for disability I went to work at the middle school as a detention monitor. Stressful...YES. we needed extra income, so I am working roughly 29 hours a week. I come home whipped and have to take a nap. I hope it does not affect my disability application. Anyway...I so wish I could take tramadol.

Re: Depression

Hi people ,I am so depressed that sometimes I don't get out of bed . I live in my bedroom.
How do I bring my self to stop this downward spiral.I have plenty of things to do but it just doesn't matter anymore. Every time I think I have control something happens . What should
I do ? I think I need someone to hangout with that's funny crazy.

Tell your dr .and they can get u on a support group.
This isn't going to go away on its own.
Fibro can rob u for years before u get to grips with it.so it's early days for u.staying in your room won't help.so plz see a dr.xx

I have been on Tramadol for over 10 years now...same dosage. I have access to hydrocodone which really helps the pain but even after ONE tablet I have withdrawal symptoms for 4-6 hours after it wears off. I hate taking strong pain meds...I hate taking ANY pain meds but at least when I'm at the Tramadol level I'm able to push through the remaining pain and have somewhat of a life. For me...there is nothing that changes my personality to depressed and short fused more than unmedicated pain.

Tramadol has given me some of my life back as well. I have tried all the other fibro meds, all different doses, but as usual, the side effects were hell. I hHave been on tramadol for 4 years now and I do have a love-hate relationship with it.

I have managed to stay on 100 mg (slow release) tablets a day - though there are many days I want to take more, but I don't - mainly because I know I am addicted. I take mine at 10:30 am every morning and the next morning I always wake up sweating, cold/hot flashes, shaking....I have been to my doctor and he couldn't confirm it could be a part of fibro. (I wake up exhausted and unrefreshed my whole life, but the sweating/shaking makes my morning a living hell). So I know it is my body yearning for its tramadol kick. Upon taking it, I start to feel half human within an hour.

So I was wondering whether others have the same - what time do you take yours? what mg? does your body crave for it as well? If you did stop, how did you stop, how long did it take - and most importantly - could you survive without it?

I cannot even think how much pain I'd be in without it, so stopping is for now not an option....but still it is good to stay informed about options.

Forget me not,

Hi,
If it helps u to function,don't feel bad.
We all hate these meds!But without them it's not good lol.
As long as u can be with your daughter and enjoy her
That's all that matters!
They grow too fast

Sagey

Last edited:
I hear you... all too familiar, those sx's (symptoms abbreviated). I will check in every few days, as I see this was from some time ago. I hear you, and it's not a picnic, but having support and true empathy from those who know what you're going through? I'm taking a deep breath just posting for the first time, and reading others' posts.
Gentle hugs,
Carris

I hear you... all too familiar, those sx's (symptoms abbreviated). I will check in every few days, as I see this was from some time ago, but having support and true empathy from those who know what you're going through? I'm taking a deep breath just posting for the first time, and reading others' posts.
Gentle hugs,
Carris

I'm so tired of being sick ! The tramadol really isn't doing much for the pain in my muscles and joints ! So I have a appointment with the doctor tomorrow. I'm going to make a trade
Tramadol for Vantrela ER . Has anyone tried this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back