Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you apologizing ? It was funny :) i'm no Brit

Yes drinking too , I also used baking soda to bursh my teeth along with my toothpaste cause I was facing teeth crumbing out of my mouth like sand problem do to stress anxiety and massive many deficiencies problem ( which why I'm also taking high dose of D3/K2/calcium just for that) and acid saliva still a huge problem. I litterally holding it by the skin of my teeth. Actually i lost most skin of my teeth so i'll have to say that all was holding by the roots of my teeth. Without baking soda I wouldn't be able to eat or chew any food.

I love apple cider vinegar! But do to my teeth crumbling I can't drink stright up even with lots of water diluted portion of it. So I use it to make a lot of my pickling dish cause furmentaion food also fantastic with fibro stomach, which I posted in one of my old post 'cooking with fibromyalgia' sadly I haven't be able to update new recipes yet. :(

Last edited:
what helps me:

#1 = GOING OUTSIDE!!

Any kind of exercise at all. I especially love stretching and dancing, which of course go together.

Being nice to myself about what I can't do. If I can't do it today, then I will do another day. Usually there is nothing in the world that absolutely HAS to be done today or disaster will result.

Getting enough sleep. For me that is at least 8 hours, better if 9.

*Get enough good food to eat.*

Recently I was visiting in another state and was fed great meals. I started eating a LOT.

Prior to that, I had for many months been losing interest in food, didn't want to bother, wasn't hungry, and then stopped wanting to eat this, then that, then the other, and was down to once a day steak and greens and that was about it. When I got home from doing all that eating, all of a sudden I wanted to eat again. So now I am eating a whole lot more and feeling a whole lot better.

I realized just this week that I had actually become malnourished. I had various things going on physically that have completely changed since I have been eating more.
You can be malnourished also if you eat a lot but what you eat is not healthy and nutritious.

More food=more energy. Use that energy to exercise, do things, and you want more food. Good cycle.

Healthy food, of course.

Pet animals. That does wonders for me.
If you don't have one to pet, get one. Lots of really good ones need homes. Or, failing that, borrow one.

Sometimes give yourself just a day when you are allowed to do nothing. there is nothing wrong with doing nothing for a day. We don't have to be doing all the time.

Don't smoke cigarettes.
Don't drink alcohol, or if you do only a little now and then, not every day.

Drink lots and lots of water. I used to have a cocktail every day. Now I have fizzy water with lime juice and it makes me happier than the alcohol did.

Laugh whenever you can. Never pass up the chance to laugh.

I must agree that eating poorly really affects how you feel and recover from the ravages of modern life.One of the changes that have made profound improvements for me has been to eat foods and cooking styles that feed good bacteria and starve bad bacteria.Also,eating variety of plant species,two thirds of your plate are constantly changing every meal.By changing foods,you build diversity of gut bacterial populations,thus rebuilding your immune system's response capabilities!I have had symptoms that simply disappeared,and do not happen anymore.You can't underestimate it, because most fibro patients,if not all,have nutrient deficiencies and malabsorption problems.I would recommend it to every person sick or not!

I'm so glad to see you eating health again Sunkacola , i was worried for you there a bit . ( i might not looked it but i was) ;)

You do sound so much better sunkacola.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back