Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from the pain, the worse has to be how we see out life changing, that's also something we need to work on.

That is a good point oportosanto. That sense of loss can be devastating

From what I have seen Stiffness and fog are the most horrible and frustrating sympthoms of Fibromyalgia, I do not really suffer it but I have seen a lot of people who really do and that is what they tell me.

Yes, I have to agree, especially this week, the IBS is horrible. I couldn't believe I couldn't zip or button my pants the other day, and it seemed to get progressively worse. Thankfully, I had a hospital gown on anyway, so everything was covered. I mainly wear loose, comfortable clothing around the house, because restrictive clothing exacerbates the problem. I've never had the constipation variety of IBS, just the opposite, and I have found that Gas-Ex helps quite a bit. I try to keep some on hand for my severe flares. I'm doing a modified BRAT diet this week, and regular food isn't even appetizing to me right now.

I had the same, @WarriorPrincess... my IBS seems to be uncontrollable for the last one year and half. Just awful :( I am not wearing jeggings, because it seems wearing jeans now is a thing from the past. My belly gets so bloated it would seem it's easily a pregnancy belly. Loose clothes do help a lot, the worst part is the abdominal pain... if it wasn't for that medication I'm taking for it I'd be much worse, I'm sure. By the way... do you consume diary and gluten? Those two seem to raise hell for me.

Apart from the pain, the worse has to be how we see out life changing, that's also something we need to work on.

Yes, the feeling and knowledge that things might never be like they once were, that we must get used to this new normal. I had a moment like that again yesterday, my hip was hurting so bad, I couldn't get to the way where I was supposed to go because of that... it was so depressing. And I wondered: ''what if this pain stays forever?''.

Yes, when I lay there on the couch all day, barely able to stand long enough to feed myself, the anxiety that there are so many things I need to do that are just sitting there while another day goes by just grows and grows. I think that might be the worst because the anxiety building like that just triggers the other symptoms to get worse and last longer. It is such a vicious cycle.

The pain, IBS and vision issues are physically distracting, but the brain fog has got to be the most upsetting for me.

I sometimes can't get words out at all, they just mumble out.

The memory loss and lack of retrieval of recent events is so stressful... and then BOOM here comes the ANXIETY!!

Once the anxiety hits, it's all over. About an hour after the first burst of anxiety, I start with the internal tremors that feel like my veins are vibrating. Then, I go into crazy mode wondering what I "really" have, since it can't just be some disorder that no one understands or is blamed on mental trauma.

Oh..I could go on and on. lol

I also believe that God is strong when we are weak, he makes us whole no matter what our circumstance. Right now, we may feel more like swiss cheese "holes" but, nonetheless... :-D

I have taken red meat out of my diet, helps with IBS.

MY body feels like its vibrating internally as soon as i am anxious or under any pressure and long term pain increases anxiety and pressure....this vibrating turns to burning muscles and crippling pain and weakness.

Sarafina I think you are the first person to describe this feeling. Mine is like a pneumatic drill sensation and the muscles pulse and pull tighten more and more.

I don't worry about what I've got like you ,,,it's more the pain goes nuts and nothing I do stops the sensation that is like being stuck in fight or flight mode with consequences that prior to fibro would only have been felt as worry in the mind but with no impact on the body.

Wow , I am so happy (not happy happy, but surprised and relieved) that someone knows what I'm talking about when I describe vibrating.
Sometimes it's not tied to direct stress, but hours later many times. I almost always have to look back and think if I was anxious earlier. I did notice that when I was still smoking the tremors were almost constant. They are not every day now that I've quit.

I've never smoked but the internal vibrating used to last two days and nights at most and those would be my severe pain days...always it was caused by a trigger of stress or pressure or feeling of great responsibility of how my health affected my family...which they were very fourth coming in letting me know!

Now the sensation rarely stops hence my fibro is so much worse all the time and i have gone from an active fibromite to housebound.....I just pushed myself to walk 5 circuits round my lounge/dining room...the pain and rigidity built and built in the joints and muscles as I walked until it felt like both legs were broken....and i had to stop reluctantly and hobble to my chair.

The activity makes the vibrating even stronger. Activity never used to cause it or have any impact on it.

It still shocks me it's the same every day....so whatever this vibrating is I wish enough research would go into this illness to find a cure......I highly suspect its overload of the mind therefore the body......and then frustration at such limitations and isolation causing the flight or fight response to get stuck super high.

I seem to be the opposite now of how everyone else reacts, in that activity, even minor activity doesn't help...Ive tried and tried for almost a year now and i seize up so quickly..... not ease out like i used to.

Last edited:
Once the anxiety hits, it's all over. About an hour after the first burst of anxiety, I start with the internal tremors that feel like my veins are vibrating.

I never knew that anyone else experienced this besides me. Whenever I tried to describe it to someone else, they never knew what I meant. There have been so many times I tell people "I'm shaking," and they look at my hands, and they appear still. But I feel it internally.

Thank you for sharing this!

I have that vibration thing too although I notice the tightness much more when it happens. It feels like my muscles are about to split right open and tear the skin with it. And no one gets it when I say I feel like I am about to come out of my skin. Like there is so much pressure and vibration that I feel I am about to literally explode

Development, that's awful!! My vibrations are more like an internal implode. I wonder if it's what a diabetic feels like when sugar is low? This whole thing is just horrible and bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back