Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
Minnesota
Hi everyone, I am newely diagnosed, and new to the forums. I am frustrated because my Dr. Denied a refill on my tramadol. Now I am experiencing terrible withdrawals, and won't be seen till Tuesday at a pain clinic. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced tramadol withdrawal, and what I should do.

Regards,

FibroJme

hi
tramadol offered no relief and I stopped w/o any withdrawal effects
nucynta , a "man made" med relieved my pain greatly but my insurance company would not renew the prescription as it's not on their formulary and it would cost me $600 monthly!
back on Norco (Tylenol & hydrocodone) which also works well
have tried most of the non narcotic meds with no relief

Do you have any other similar prescriptions you could possible use while coming off? I don't understand why any doctor would force someone to come off any prescription cold turkey. Will the doc prescribe something else while you are coming off? You could talk to an herbalist that might be able to give you some stuff to help a little with the withdrawls

The doctor doesn't normally prescribe Tramadol, and referred me to a pain clinic, and I told her I have ran out of my prescription, and that I just need some to tie me over till Tuesday. She denied my request, so now I am stuck going through terrible withdrawals. I have been taking a muscle relaxer, and tylenol. None have helped. I have been getting very frustrated with doctors. I feel none of them take me seriously. I have my fingers crossed that hopefully the pain clinic will be able to help. I just do not understand how the doctor could just let me suffer like this. I dont get it. I just want to be taken seriously, and not seen as some sort of drug seeker. Ugggh I am in intense pain because of withdrawal, I dont know what to do. Thanks for you replies.

Hi, i am sorry you're feeling bad. I've been taking Ultram for almost 15 yrs. I take 14 per day now. I was actually one of the first people to test it before it came out to the public. They said it wasn't addictive! BS. I am trying to taper but i am having so much difficulty. When i am late for my dose my body goes through HELL. It is the worst withdrawal i have ever felt in my life. The anxiety while trying to sleep is what's getting me. I can handle flu like symptoms. Since you're in withdrawal now taking something like withdrawal-ease may not get to you in time. If you can get neurontin that will help you. Also drink lots of fluids and take a multivitamin. Librium will help the anxiety. I don't recommend taking other opiates to help you through this as i feel you are just switching one for the other. If anyone is thinking of taking Ultram, don't! I am serious it is not worth it. I am 5'11 and i weigh 9 stone. It has made me lose so much weight. No appetite and it makes me gag easily. This is a living nightmare that i can't wake up from. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back