Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/1989
Country
US
State
Wisconsin
I am 43, female, living in the suburbs of Milwaukee WI. I was diagnosed with FMS in 1989 and have been through a lot since then. Am currently in a bad flare up and startng Lyrica today. Also on opioid patch (fentanyl) for spinal stenosis and radiculopathy (pinched nerves.)

Need support of the type this forum can provide, understanding and comeraderie.

If you are in my area please write.

Karmakitten

Welcome! Sorry you're here but glad you found us!
Be careful with those fetanyl patches! They (as are all opioids) highly addictive and can be dangerous.... If you don't mind me asking, what other types of meds have you tried! I hope those patches weren't a first resort for your Dr... I've noticed some Dr's like to hand out the big guns right away... Mine tried and I told her that I wasn't ready for that type of med yet.... I am on 2 types of opioids, a fast acting and an extended release.. I hate being lonely them but nothing else has worked, and until they can find some more/better treatments for me, I'm on them. But the second I find something else that provides relief, I'm done.
I also have a lot of spinal problems and other pain conditions, so I totally get it- it's not bearable sometimes without help from medication....

Take a look around, as there are tons of helpful posts- old and new! ask questions and vent freely! You're among friends here! :)

Thanks for your warm welcome katie-opny,

No Fentanyl was not a first decision, it's a last ditch effort at pain control....next comes the interthecal infusion pump. In addition to FMS/ME I've got several other chronic pain conditions so the opioids are a cross to bear yes, but they do help so much to make me functional.

I look forward to getting to know everyone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back