Reason
Relative
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
mississippi
My wife suffers from Fibromyalgia. Her condition has become very desperate over the last few years and the doctors she has seen in our area (Mississippi gulf coast) have not been able to help. She heard of a doctor in the Birmingham area and would like to schedule an appointment to see him. He is known from the internet as the "the fibro doctor".
His name is Rodger Murphree. I do not see him listed on the Birmingham Fibro Doctors list and that has me a little concerned.
This doctor is soposed to be famous for helping fibro sufferers and if he is legit, why would he not be on the list for the Birmingham area? My hope is that someone from this support group knows of this doctor and can give input on his claims. The last thing I want is to watch my wifes hopes for a good doctor be let down again, so many seem to be preying on the desperation that can come from suffering with fibro. Any advise or information you may have will be so greatly appreciated.

Thank you

welcome to the forum. i've never heard of the doctor. not sure where you are looking for his information.
i would call a hospital in Birmingham and ask them if they know of him and what they think.
im glad your helping your wife.

read the post here and learn what you can.
please fell free to friend me and ask me questions if you like.

MS gulf coast,
Hello and welcome to the forum. I do not know of this doctor, however, I did a web search of him. From what I read about him I would be very careful about taking your wife to see him. It seems he is or was a chiropractor and has supposedly cured many different conditions that to my knowledge are incurable. This position would remove him from the ranks of any doctor lists in that area. He might also be practicing natural or herbal medicine, which is okay, but claiming of being able to cure incurable diseases would make that red flag alert stand out loud and clear. i heard recently that the famous Dr Oz, has got himself in trouble for claiming certain vitamins and such can cure conditions, all in the name of making money.

Anyone can claim anything. Have you taken your wife to any of the big University hospitals or even the Cleveland Clinic? I would hate to see your wife's hopes lifted and then shattered by a quack. Best of luck to you in this matter.

in the meantime keep reading here and you might find some good coping skills and management ideas for helping to ease her pain. :)

My wife suffers from Fibromyalgia. Her condition has become very desperate over the last few years and the doctors she has seen in our area (Mississippi gulf coast) have not been able to help. She heard of a doctor in the Birmingham area and would like to schedule an appointment to see him. He is known from the internet as the "the fibro doctor".
His name is Rodger Murphree. I do not see him listed on the Birmingham Fibro Doctors list and that has me a little concerned.
This doctor is soposed to be famous for helping fibro sufferers and if he is legit, why would he not be on the list for the Birmingham area? My hope is that someone from this support group knows of this doctor and can give input on his claims. The last thing I want is to watch my wifes hopes for a good doctor be let down again, so many seem to be preying on the desperation that can come from suffering with fibro. Any advise or information you may have will be so greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Contact your state dept of health and ask about any pt. complaints. Also the BBB. If he sounds to good to be true than he probably is. Good luck...Mike.

Hi there. He's a chiropractor and nutritionist who works with diet and supplements for fibro. Much of his diet and supplement recommendations are fairly straightforward and I have found them elsewhere. I have his book, "Treating and Beating Fibromyalgia." No cures in it. His basic message is eating well and taking care of your body will help you feel better. I've changed my diet and added some supplements and feel generally a bit better. Didn't do a thinkg for the pain, but helped some with fatigue. If you're interested in that, get the book or look online. Otherwise, as 1swede suggested, try looking for a pain or fibro clinic at a university. Try the University of Alabama. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back