Do you feel more fatigue in weather extremes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmpisces

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
PA
I seem to be affected a lot by weather. I often feel worse if it is very cold. The same is true if it is very hot. I start to feel even worse.

I am recently diagnosed so am still trying to figure out what triggers flare ups. Our weather has been in the high 20s-30s (75-90 F) since beginning of July and I am having a hard time functioning plus one day when we had a thunderstorm I really was affected. Not sure how well I will do in the winter but I guess when it comes I will know/deal with it.

When cold wet weather comes along I am generally in more pain then on warm sunny days. But I also have more trouble when I do activities that keep me in one position for long periods of time or when I am constantly bending over or kneeling down. My legs get very weak and fatigue sets in to the point if I did not have a car, I would be house-bound for weeks at a time.

Recently I have been doing wildlife photography and that requires sitting in one spot for long periods hoping to get good shots without the animal knowing I am there. Last time I did this was two nights ago and my legs are still hurting and cramping up on me. But soon the fawns will be gone and so I have been pushing now. Oh dear me! :)

I feel specially fatigated during the hot season, specially after having lunch. Some days I wake up feeling a lot faigue as well, usually during winter. For some reason it feels much worse during the hot season, because it usually start in the middle of the day. I've such a hard time getting things done from that point on.

I always get flare-ups during change of season, and it's worst between Winter/Spring and Summer/Fall. For about two weeks twice a year I'll sleep 11 hours a night, whether I want to or not! I've found that taking it easy and not scheduling anything important during those times has helped me out. Also, coffee, but that's not as good for you :p. (Do as I say, not as I do.) I'm thinking of moving to a warmer climate where these changes in weather won't be as extreme.

Weather also bothers me. I find it worse during the winter months. I don't know if it is because of the cold or because it becomes dark so early. I also have problems with the change of seasons. Cannot wait for it to be either hot or cold.

Weather is definitely something that can have an effect on people. I do not have fibromyalgia, and even I find that sometimes I simply don't have the energy that I would like during hot weather, and I know that my relative who has the condition struggles even more. I don't know how she manages to get through the day sometimes, because even I feel as though the only thing that I would like to do is to have a lie down in bed.

If you know that there is going to be warm weather, then you should do everything that you can in order to keep cool. For example ensure that you drink as much water as you can, and keep the area that you're sitting in nice and cool. If you work in an office, it is a good idea to ask your manager whether you're able to have a fan at your desk, or perhaps if you're able to sit nearer to the air conditioning if you have any. People should try to help you, so don't be afraid to ask if you feel as though you need to.

If you know that you struggle when it's cold, then make sure you wear plenty of layers so that you should be able to cope, and set the heating to come on in your home a short time before you expect to return, so that it can have kicked in by the time you get home.

I've never noticed weather related fatigue and pain. I know the older I get, the more the weather bothers me but not sure that is indicative of my disease.

This is a bit off topic but I am unsure of what to do and I get no answers from my rheumo. Sometimes I try not to spend so much time in bed so I get up and ultimately, I start dragging earlier and earlier. Today, I stayed in bed until almost noon. I could scarcely get to the bathroom and that was after a Vicodin! What is the answer?
The doc did tell me not to overdo on exercise (like I could!). If it hurts, stop but what does one do when it all hurts? All the time? And I am gaining weight which will only make it harder. How much exercise do you do?

I do feel more fatigue when the weather is extra hot or cold. I live in Florida, so we have a lot more extra hot weather. From June through September I retain a lot of extra fluid. I have always wondered if that contributed to the inflammation.

My second cousin is always complaining about this. He never wants to do anything in the thick of the summer or the dead of the winter. So we usually just hang out in the living room and play cards or watch a show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back